Newburyport Shopping

• PupDawg's Profile Photo

Black Dog General Store: Not just on the Vineyard

by PupDawg Written Jan 16, 2012

Shopping at the Black Dog

Everything in the store has a Black Dog on it! Now you can get your favorite gear without traveling to Martha's Vineyard. They have great quality clothing and accessories for you, your home and your dog! Dogs are welcome inside.

What to buy: Everyone needs a Black Dog T or two.

• Travel with Pets

• Port City Shoes: Their going out of business

by AnnJames Updated Apr 4, 2011

I love this store too but its going out of business. I was over there and got some incredible deals. They still have lots of adorable shoes.

What to buy: I got a pair of ariat clogs and a pair of really nice spanish sandals (for $10, originally $128) and an unbelieveably cute pair of fidji boots.

What to pay: They had shoes - quality shoes - for $10. Almost everything was under $100. Everything was marked down.

• Port City Shoes: Finally a good shoe store in Newburyport

by PackRat4007 Written Feb 10, 2007

We don't have to go to Portsmouth to find cool shoes any more! Port City Shoes in Newburyport has some really special finds and the service is great. I was reluctant to shop there at first because I figured it would have a small selection and be very expensive. It is a small shop but packed with lots of good things, and the prices are very reasonable and in fact, I found several things that were cheaper than you could get them for on the internet. I always find lots of shoes I want and the worst thing about the store is that I always end up having to leave something I want behind:(.

If you have not checked this store out you are missing out.

What to buy: My new favorite shoes are from Lisa Nading. They are gorgeous and comfortable and I discovered them at port City Shoes.

What to pay: I have gotten good shoes for $50 and really exceptional shoes for $175 at Port City Shoes

• Women's Travel

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Bokrysy's Beads: Catchy name, how do you pronounce it?

by garridogal Updated Jul 23, 2006

I would paint this place pink

I turned off the main road and almost immediately saw this place and a place to park. Newburyport's just full of coincidences for me as I've been making beaded jewelry for around four or five years now. The store's got a great little space in the corner of a house and the gals who - I'm guessing - own it, make good use of it's limited space.

We went in and I took a look at everything but didn't buy. They had some nice quality beads and a good selection of all the basics. Was expecting to find some neat vintage beads but I didn't see anything worth writing home about.

• Trains

• PupDawg's Profile Photo

Just Dogs Gourmet: Stop and smell the treats

by PupDawg Written Jan 16, 2012

A gourmet bakery for dogs! They have so many varieties it was hard to choose. Of course, dogs are welcome inside.

What to buy: If you visit without your dog, bring them home a treat or two.

• Travel with Pets

Instant Answers: Newburyport

Comments

Newburyport Shopping

Reviews and photos of Newburyport shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Newburyport sightseeing.