Provincetown Restaurants

Nice outdoor patio seating
    Good boy!

Most Recent Restaurants in Provincetown

• haikutaxi's Profile Photo

Kung Fu Dumplings: Authentic, delicious and affordable!

by haikutaxi Written Sep 21, 2014

New on the scene, a modest little space down the alley between Twisted Sister Pizza and the Portuguese Bakery (on Commercial St., just West of Lopes Sq.) Kung Fu serves homemade dumplings (steamed or pan fried), homemade beef noodles, Chinese meat pies and sesame bread. Sides consist of kimchi and a Chinese cold salad of peanuts, carrots and celery tossed in a spicy sesame oil. They also offer a sliced potato salad that I haven't tried yet. The dumplings are fantastic (6 per serving) and a great value at $8 (add $1 for pan fried) which includes one side. Absolutely fresh and homemade with care and cooked to order. This means it may not be as fast as some places but well worth the wait. Word is they will be open yearround and will be expanding their menu to offer more authentic Chinese dishes. http://www.kfdumplings.com/about.html

Favorite Dish: Haven't yet tried all the varieties of dumplings, but can testify that ones I've eaten were wonderful (Pork with Chinese cabbage and celery and Chicken with shiitake mushrooms and wood ears). The homemade Beef noodles ($12 for a generous bowl with one side) are the ultimate comfort food and have generous chunks of melt-in-your-mouth beef along with awesome noodles in a delicious broth! The meat pies are only $3 each and a really tasty snack.

• Whale Watching

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Governor Bradford Restaurant: And you can bring 'yer pooch!

by garridogal Updated Jul 4, 2014

We chose this spot because of their great outdoor seating area and the fact that my friend's dog was welcome. All in all, it was a great choice. It was sunny and a little nippy that day so the weather was perfect for sitting outside in the sunshine. Everybody was happy!

Favorite Dish: All four of us had omelets. Three of us had the same type (mine without tomatoes), and the last person had a different one. And then we all had a variety of different types of toasts with them. We were willing to put money on the fact that the waitress would screw our order up. But, to our delight, she didn't!

The omelets were good and we all enjoyed our meal. I've read some pretty bad reviews of this place on Yelp. Maybe we were lucky or maybe omelets are the thing to eat there!

This didn't suck Nice outdoor patio seating Good boy!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Fanizzi's Restaurant by the sea

by Pawtuxet Updated Apr 4, 2011

We had a lite supper here...absolutely wonderful shrimp cocktail...tasty salads. You feel as if you are sitting on a boat in this restaurant. The interior decor is nothing special, but noone cares because everyone has water views and I can only surmise that part of the building must overhang the water. It's an amazing spot. Not far from the theater where we were going to see a play...so it's a perfect place for before or after suppers.
    PS disappointed in the bread pudding we tried for desert. I'm a tough critic when it comes to authentic old northern dishes...and this one just didn't make the grade. sorry!

BTW...they are open year round and on Sunday they do a Brunch Buffet "all you can eat for $12.95"

pic is compliments Fanizzi's web site Our View

• Patio American Grill: Best People Watching in P-town

by dcohen Updated Jun 13, 2008

This is the place for a true Provincetown experience. The menu has something for everyone. I personally like the lobster dishes a lot. They are definitely among the best in town. The drinks are very interesting and delicioso. The atmosphere is casual chic and service always friendly.
    And of course you cannot beat the location - overlooking Commercial Street.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Swordfish

• tayloretc's Profile Photo

Devon's: Great Food, Cozy Place

by tayloretc Written May 25, 2008

Devon’s appears to be a converted beach house, small, with a dozen tables inside overlooking the water and a few more in the covered patio in front. It’s cozy, with great food and a friendly, laid-back staff. They serve breakfast until 1pm – really good buttermilk pancakes, spinach and cheese omelets, fresh fruit, etc. (The photo was taken between lunch and dinner – it was full when we arrived for that late breakfast.)

• tayloretc's Profile Photo

Crown & Anchor: Creative Seafood

by tayloretc Written May 25, 2008

This place has a large covered patio area and a large bar/restaurant attached. There’s a dinner menu with unique and delicious-sounding dishes using fresh seafood, a nice wine list, and really, really good mac and cheese with things like mushrooms, lobster, or special cheese blends. In fact, the mac and cheese is a house specialty, and it’s some of the best I’ve ever had.

• Patio American Grill and Blue Bar: People Watching at its Best

by DaveDanhoup Written Feb 4, 2008

Where else in Ptown can you watch the street scene while enjoying delicious food, great drinks, friendly service and a cool ambience at affordable prices?

Favorite Dish: Fried Calamari
    Watermelon Mojito
    Herb Crusted Haddock
    Lobster Ravioli

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

The Lobster Pot... what else?: A Provincetown Tradition..waterfront dining

by Pawtuxet Written Jul 28, 2007

Overlooking Provincetown Harbor, this harborside restaurant has been in existence for many, many years. You can't miss it when you come into town...it sits just to the left of the only intersection there is. Always crowded, but fast service and excellent seafood. We enjoyed a lobster salad roll that was packed with delicious fresh lobster. Views are great as you sit just a few steps from the water.

• Beaches

• ABL1958's Profile Photo

There are SO many restaurants...

by ABL1958 Updated Jul 16, 2007

There are SO many restaurants to choose from!!! But what is a MUST while you're at the Cape is to have a bowl of New England Clam Chowder. From restaurant to restaurant you'll find it made with slight variations, but I have yet to taste one I haven't liked.

For those unfamiliar with the 'New England' style chowder, it is made with a rich cream base, whole clams, potatoes, and whatever the cook feels like throwing in. A good cook knows not to be stingey with the clams.....what is clam chowder without them? Of course seafood is a staple on the menus at almost all restaurants. For this trip I chose restaurants that catered to families with children. For families, a restaurant with a nice atmosphere and a varied menu is the Hearth and Kettlewhich has several places dotted throughout the Cape. I recommend it to anyone who wants a casual, it-doesn't-matter-if-little-Johnny-dumps-his-soup kind of place. Casual, and yet cozy and potentially romantic, if little Johnny isn't sitting too close :)

• Karoo Kafe: Delicious and quick!

by docon Written Jul 8, 2007

I had the Bobotie, mmmmmm. My friend had the Cape Malay Stew with Chicken which I tried and that was also delicious. I loved it. Atmosphere was quiet since it is back away from Commercial Street a bit. You can see the menu on their website: http://www.karookafe.com

Favorite Dish: Bobotie is a style of meatloaf that can be made with tofu or beef. The spices were sweetish and complex.

• Women's Travel

• The Lobster Pot: Yummy Seafood

by peach93 Written Jun 25, 2007

This restaurant is pretty famous as far as Provincetown goes. In fact rumor has it that celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain used to work here way back in the day before he went to culinary school. I like it because it's a nice place and eating here makes me feel like I'm on vacation. The food is really good, if a bit overpriced, and always very fresh. They serve a nice combination of local seafood and Portuguese specialties and their dining room overlooks the ocean. It's kind of hard to beat that. Oh--they also make killer cocktails.

Favorite Dish: Lobster salad. But I'd eat that out of a bucket so maybe I need to think of something else. Their Portuguese kale soup is really good, and Bloody Marys, too.

The Lobster Pot

• Sal's PLace: Fantastic Italian food, Great WATER view

by arleenp Written May 18, 2007

This restaurant is a little hard to find in Provincetown, but it's far down Commercial Street on the water, call for directions.
    Once you get there ask for a water view table or try outside near the water if it's hot outside.
    I started with a salad, very large and with olives, mixed greens, tomatoes, very fresh and good. Then I had a stuffed flounder with crab and shrimp in a marinara sauce, good with some pasta with cheese and herbs. My friend had scallops, a very large portion, broiled and served in a casserole dish, and had beans on the side- crisp and fresh.
    I tried a cannoli for dessert even though I was full, it just sounded so good and it was excellent but probably a little rich, I should have had the gelato it sounded good, next time, I really recommend this restaurant as best Italian in Provincetown, relaxing and delicious and really nice to be able to see the water from the table.

Favorite Dish: Stuffed flounder is great and scallops, try the pasta dishes, huge and delicious

• Women's Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Sal's PLace: best Italian food on lower Cape

by ajpdeckmaster Updated May 18, 2007

This place is on the waterfront in Provincetown and has been there forever. My friend and I like to eat outdoors on the deck when it's warm and inside by the waterside when it's cooler.

The seafood is amazing, and I get the grilled salmon alot with the beans. My friend gets the spaghetti with carbonara, it's bacon and creamy sauce, very rich, but great, there's always some to take home. He likes the veal too, I 'm not a veal person, but he says it's tender and huge and good, with the lemon and butter.

I couldn't fit dessert last time there, but we've had the mousse pie and tirami su, excellent.
    The owner is Italian and loud, but it makes you feel like you're in an authentic place somewhere in the South of ITALY, so you don't mind.
    HIghly recommend this one in Ptown.

Favorite Dish: Salmon grilled with capers and lemon and balsamic, it comes with perfectly cooked beans, I love this dish.
    Veal and pasta is all good, try the carbonara, have also had the squid stew with pasta, but I think that's on the weekends only.

• Mambino's Profile Photo

Lobster Pot: A Cape Cod Must!

by Mambino Written Dec 28, 2006

Best Lobster in Ptown! They don’t take reservations, but it is worth the wait. You can’t thumb through a Cape Cod magazine without finding some write up on this multi-generation, family-owned eatery, overlooking the water.

You can’t get much more “Cape Cod” than the Lobster Pot. And the best part…aside from the food…is the price! We enjoyed a bottle of wine, two appetizers, salads and two Lobster entrees for just over $100 (included a generous tip for our wonderful server).

Do yourself a favor and time your meal around the sunset. This place is casual and kid friendly.

Favorite Dish: drum roll please......the lobster

• Bistro At Crowne Pointe: A Secret Gem

by tmichael Written Sep 26, 2006

What an amazing restaurant. Its located in the Crowne Pointe Inn & Spa. My partner and I found it just walking around town. We walked into the lobby of the hotel, saw the restaurant and decidied then we had to eat there. The food, the staff and the atmosphere are all top notch. We had the Kona Steak special and the fresh lobster. Its a small place so make sure you call for reservations! Enjoy!

Favorite Dish: Kona Steak

Instant Answers: Provincetown

Comments

Provincetown Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Provincetown restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincetown sightseeing.