Provincetown Tourist Traps

• Tourist Traps
    by smike

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Provincetown

• smike's Profile Photo

A place to eat. Since we were...

by smike Written Oct 4, 2002

A place to eat. Since we were there in 1992 - this place might not even be there any more. We were on a family vacation (wife, 2 kids, my mother and my mother & father in-law). My in-laws had been to Providence Town before and they told us about a restaurant that had really good food, especially the seafood. They tried to describe the approximate location, but were not sure of the name of the restaurant, but it was out on a pier. The name of the place we ended up at was 'Ye old Fish House', and it was on a pier. It ended up to be the wrong place, but we ate there anyway. We were there for lunch and were the only people there - I guess that was the first bad sign. Then there was the cat that was climbing all over our table, second bad sign. Then my mother decided that she wanted a bowl of clam chowder, so she asked the server if it was fresh. The answer was 'it was out of a can'. 'Oh well' - we had come this far and didn't feel like looking for another place to eat. We survived, but beware of those 'off the beaten path' places to eat. Sometimes they are there for a reason, and there are also times when they have very good food. This was not one of those times.

Instant Answers: Provincetown

Comments

Provincetown Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Provincetown tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincetown sightseeing.