Quincy Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Quincy

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Fat Cat Restaurant: Cozy, Modern and Tasty!

by garridogal Updated Nov 8, 2008

Doncha love exposed brick?

My friend and I met her daughter here to celebrate her permanent job and the Obama win. The daughter lives in Quincy and recently discovered Fat Cat. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food and the service was wonderful too. The menu has a wide variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, entrees and a good sized wine list.

Most sandwiches were under $7, served with fries. Their speciality is gourmet mac 'n cheese, served with a variety of add-ins which looked amazing and is served in huge portions. They also serve their bread with black bean hummus and honey butter. Both are wonderful.

Favorite Dish: I had a delicious and fresh seafood salad sandwich with fries which I forced (Wasn't too hard!) my friends to share with me. We split the lavender creme brulee and a slice of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake served with chocolate sauce.

So indulgent. So good.

I'd definately come back to Fat Cat if I were to find myself in it's vicinity again.

• Business Travel

Inn at Bay Pointe: Brunch on the river

by shohman Updated May 5, 2009

This is an off the beaten path type of place but it's worth the trip. located on the Fore River, this is a huge space and in good weather you can dine on the back patio overlooking the river. Even if it's too cold outside, there are giant picture windows with a great view. The food is very good, with a New England touch, nothing fancy, but you can find roast beef, seafood, and other basic food. They serve lunch and dinner, but my family took me here for the Sunday brunch.
    The staff was very friendly and really see proud of their restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We had brunch. Delicious sliced pork, eggs, fruit, roast beef and a fantastic omelette station. This is buffet style and is only $14.95.
    This is a great place to go with the family.

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Cronin's Publick House: Best steak tips in the world

by KarenandCory Updated Dec 12, 2005
    Cronin's Publick House

Cronin's is an Irish pub in Quincy that serves no Irish specialties but has the best steak tips I've ever had. It is difficult to find, it took us 2 1/2 hours (mapquest directions viciously lied) and a trip through the fire house locker room looking for directions to find it. Despite that minor setback, Cronin's is a hidden jewel in the Boston area.

Favorite Dish: Steak Tips with barbecue or teriyaki sauce
    Ultimate nachos served in a tortilla shell

Pho Yuen Dong: Good Vietnamese food near Quincy Center

by donpaul77 Updated Nov 24, 2008
    Pho at Pho Yuen Dong

It is worth braving the dangers of the insane parking lot to get to this Vietnamese restaurant. Pho Yuen Dong is located in the President Plaza and serves a really good Pho. The place isn't fancy, but is clean and bright and busy. They are well staffed and you will get your food quickly. We only go once every couple of weeks, but they treat us like regulars. This place may be your best bet for Vietnamese food south of Boston.

Favorite Dish: I almost always order the Pho Tai, the broth of which is fantastic. They make some really nice spring rolls with shrimp in them as well. Also, I've had their rice plate with beef and was very happy with it.

The Fat Cat: Gourmet comfort food

by donpaul77 Written Jan 23, 2009

I am so happy that this cool restaurant opened in Quincy Center. The owners of this busy, brick walled establishment are committed to creating a lively dining experience with creative twists on old favorites. The staff was really friendly and knowledgeable.

The bar is a pretty cool place to hang out and have appetizers.

Favorite Dish: My first time there I ordered the Gourmet mac & Cheese, which consists of Manchego, parmesan, blue, cheddar, marinated tomatoes, cavatappi and panko! You can also add yummy things like lobster, steak, shrimp or a hotdog(!!!) They have some really good fish entrees as well.

Also, they carry a good selection of craft beers on draft and in the bottle.

• Beer Tasting

Fat Cat: Comfort food at it's best

by shohman Written Jan 19, 2010

My family has raved about this place since it opened so on a recent trip home I had to try it. The best description I can come up with is 'Comfort food with a twist'
    The restaurant itself is housed on the site of the first market in Quincy. Major renovations have been made. Exposed brick walls, a small bar and friendly staff make this small place feel very homey, even when packed.
    There are several basics on the menu, but the main draw seems to be their gourmet macaroni and cheese with add-ons such as steak, lobster, even hot dogs. I try to live a low carb lifestyle, so I didn't try this, but what I did have was very good.

Favorite Dish: I has an amazing soup made of cheese, smoked chicken and sweet onions. WOW! I also had basic hot wings that were as good as any I've had. In fact, I was only able to eat 7 of them before my belly stuck out a mile. Just what I needed on a cold January day.

Kagawa: Good Sushi in Quincy center

by donpaul77 Written May 6, 2008

Kagawa is a nice Japanese restaurant in Quincy Center that has the best sushi in the area. It has a pleasant atmosphere with booths and tables, but also has those areas where you have to take your shoes off (must be reserved in advance).

Kagawa's sushi is very good, and they have several unique creations.

Favorite Dish: Try some of their specialty sushi, like the Kagawa Maki, and wash it down with a Sapporo Silver.

The Inn at Bay Point: Eclectic waterfront dining

by donpaul77 Updated Jun 8, 2008
    inn at bay point

The Inn at Bay Point is adjacent to the Bay Point Marina, which is a surprisingly nice setting. The restaurant is spacious and comfortable and dress is casual, as many patrons come right from thier boating activities. Big picture windows provide views of the marina and water, and there is good size outdoor deck for dining when the weather cooperates. It's nice to sit outside on a warm evening in the summer.

The staff is friendly and efficient in the Quincy sort of way.

Favorite Dish: I recently had the Braised Lamb Shank, which was absolutely succulent. As an appetizer the Rissotto Fritters (arancini) were tasty.

Their seafood is very good, though the menu is eclectic with an Italian slant to it.

• Sailing and Boating

The Fowler House: pub grub

by shohman Written Jan 2, 2006

Fowler House

Nothing fancy here, just regular bar food. Wings and Pizza (buy 3, get one free) they even have lingicia pizza!)

Favorite Dish: Onion Pizza and wings

Instant Answers: Quincy

Comments

Quincy Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Quincy restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Quincy sightseeing.