Scituate Travel Guide

Scituate Things to Do

• guagliardo's Profile Photo
    Minuteman Monument 1 more image

by guagliardo Written Dec 10, 2006

Where the first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired! An easy drive from Scituate, we stopped on our way to Vermont.

by Zmrzlina Written Aug 24, 2002

Walk the beach. Our beaches are quite rocky, so those of you with city-slicker feet :-) best wear shoes.

• Scituate Hotels

7 Hotels in Scituate

71 Reviews and Opinions

Scituate Hotels

Scituate Restaurants

• tojoh's Profile Photo
    Interior 10 more images

by tojoh Updated Apr 3, 2007

I had the privilege to attend the 80th anniversary at PJs country house, sunday February 25th.

I had never ben to PJs before and I loved its classic New England style. Beautifully set tables, dark wooden chairs, in a 18th century style. As we arrived we were served fingerfood to our drinks, angels on horsebacks, large tiger prawns with a tomato sauce, and crabcakes.

Then we were served a salad with caesar salad dressing, salad leaves, carrots, tomatoes - delicious! As the main course I had the most delicious breaded fish with potatoes and herb butter. My cousins were served a seriously large and tender slice of prime rib. And it was presented with a little orchid on the side.

As dessert they served the birthday cakes, a cream cake and a very rich chocolate gateau. This was great food, and having good company turned this evening into a memorable event.

Favorite Dish: We had a truly great four course dinner. First a great classic New England chowder - a rich creamed fish soup made with bacon, onions, clams, good fish stock and cream, and served with crackers. I have had cream chowder several times, but I think this is the best chowder I have ever eaten.

• Wine Tasting

Scituate Favorites

by Zmrzlina Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: There are lots of lobster traps washed up along the coast. They become almost part of nature. I don't like the newer, metal traps at all.

by Zmrzlina Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: The photo accompanying this bit is of The Quarterdeck, one of the most unusual shops in Scituate. You can find all sorts of seashells, little antiques, imported gewgaws and Scituate memborabilia in this little place. And there are great views of the Harbor off the back deck.

by Zmrzlina Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Stroll down Front Street (see photo)and visit The Front Street Book Store (not in photo). The Welch Company is an old-fashion department store, independently owned. A bit too frou-frou for my tastes, but worth a visit.

Instant Answers: Scituate

Comments

Scituate Travel Guide
Map of Scituate