Waltham Restaurants

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Joseph's II Family Restaurant: Early Bird Breakfast

by 807Wheaton Written Sep 13, 2013
    Side view of Joseph's II

We had breakfast at this restaurant the two mornings we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were on a road trip so we were up early every morning to see things around Boston and they had an early bird breakfast for $4.99 which included a big glass of orange juice. Service was friendly and quick and helpful. It was only about 1.5 miles from the hotel so it was no big deal to drive over there to get breakfast. It was a good fit for us.

Favorite Dish: We had an omelet one of the mornings and it was very tasty and cheesy.

• Seniors

Cruz Market: Great food in the back of the store

by fdrich29 Written Sep 29, 2008

A friend of mine at work had been telling me about this place for awhile before we finally started going a few months ago. Cruz Market is a small South American convenience store on Felton Street. If you walk directly to the back of the store you'll see a half-door. That's where you can order some amazing, authentic South American food, orange rice, chicken, beans, and several dishes I do not know the names of, but are really good. The serving sizes are absolutely huge. They have a type of root that is fried and stuffed with beef, one of my favorite side dishes. A great treat are the fried plantains smothered in butter sweet goodness. This is one of those places you have to know about or you'd never know it was there. There aren't any signs saying they serve hot food.

Favorite Dish: Chicken, beans, orange rice and a side of plantains. Won't have to eat again until the next day.

Bison County Smokehouse and Grill: Great BBQ on Moody Street

by fdrich29 Written Aug 28, 2007

Tonight....The Bison! I love this place, and feel lucky to have it right here in town. A Sunday night staple for me and my friends. I love being able to watch them prepare the food, which is done in the back room dining area for all to see. Creates a very nice atmosphere for hanging out with friends.

The bartenders and servers are all very friendly, fast and attentive. We are always amazed at how quickly the food arrives after ordering, which for me is always the pulled pork combo. They have Carolina style BBQ sauce for those who are all about vinegar.

Beer...they have a lot of it. Great selection on tap, Brookyn Brown, Victory Hop Devil, Stella, Kilians, Guinness, Sam Adams, Spaten, Smuttynose, Blue Moon, Pabst Blue Ribbon (yum), Bass and Magners. Last week they had Rapscallion on tap, but it was replaced with Post Road Pumpkin this week.

Word to the wise, they shut people off here faster than you can say "See ya". If you're doing the Moody Street Shuffle make Bison the fisrt stop for dinner and a few good brews before moving on to partake of the good Lord's bounty.

Favorite Dish: Pulled pork combo, a great choice for BBQ lovers.

Watch City Brewing: Fantastic Beer and Food

by fdrich29 Written Oct 29, 2006

Located on the Charles River end of Moody Street in Waltham. Parking in the back or across the street in the municipal lot.

Walking in through the foyer there is a host stand/ merchandise table with the bar straight behind that a few steps. Tables line the right side of the pub along side the curved windows that face the street. Reminiscent of the old picture of the 50's style diner. Tables also flank both sides of the bar. Restrooms/children's play area to the back of the pub.

They keep a set list of regular beers that are always available and a few new/seasonals as well. They have a cask that they rotate beers through, although it was down for maintenance the last time I was there.

Service can be summed up as bi-polar. I either get tons of attention by someone who wants to talk or have to wait for someone to grace me with their presence so that I may order something.

Good selection of food. Lunches and dinners have very fulfulling portions and the taste has never disappointed me.

I am a member of the Mug Club here. If you live in the Waltham area ask the bartender about this, it's worth the money.

• marca's Profile Photo

Watch City Brewery: Can't Resist a BrewPub

by marca Written Apr 17, 2006

We parked on Moody street and walked down the street looking for a restaurant for dinner. Our kids found a place diagonally across the street but they had a wait. I turned around and what do I see but a Brewpub!! The pub was busy but we were able to be seated right away. I tried the Tick-Tock ale and liked it so much that I purchased a half gallon bottle to bring home. We enjoyed the calamari appetizer served without sauce by the way. We all enjoyed our 4 different entrees.

Favorite Dish: I had the pork chop that comes with a mountain of mashed potatoes.

• Business Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

THE CHATEAU: Great reasonably priced Italian food!

by KarenandCory Written Sep 17, 2005

Family owned and operated since 1933, Waltham is the original location of the Chateau and is a local favorite. The menu is huge, as is the restaurant. Tons of food, tons of tables, tons of patrons. It's always crowded here. The service is friendly and the food is good. You can get almost anything here; chicken, steak, veal, pasta, pizza, seafood, pasta. The portions are very generous.

Instant Answers: Waltham

Comments

Waltham Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Waltham restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Waltham sightseeing.