Coloma Travel Guide

Entrance to the Cider Bar
    The Cider Operation
  • A Surprise Photo From the Front of the Store
    A Surprise Photo From the Front of the...

Coloma Things to Do

by kimberbakos Written Oct 5, 2002

Great place to go apple picking or pumpkin patch exploring. Hay rides are part of the fun. Try the apple cider doughnuts and the brown bag apple pie. They are the best!

by kimberbakos Written Oct 5, 2002

A petting zoo/amusement park that all kids love. There are over 300 deer and other animals here. It is a shady setting so it makes for a pleasant day out of the sun in hot summer months.

• Coloma Hotels

0 Hotels in Coloma

Coloma Off The Beaten Path

by kimberbakos Written Oct 5, 2002

Right down from McDonald's on the right is a little park called Randall Park. It has a great wooden playground for the kids to play on and a pavillion for the parents to stay out of the sun.

Coloma Favorites

• riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Updated May 7, 2010

Favorite thing: Half Way home from my business trip to Flint, Michigan I got off at the Coloma Exit (Exit 39 off I-94) for a fuel stop and to see what new and interesting thing(s) I could find. I had passed this exit many times before on my way into Michigan, but this time since I knew I needed some gas for the car and was tempted by the billboard signs of a chocolate store. After getting gas at the nearest gas station I continued to the other side of the Interstate and about a half mile down the road there were 2 different places to buy chocolate, a place for wine tasting and a place for apple cider tasting. I selected the Apple Cider Tasting building as my one stop as it appealed to my inner being at the time.

After entering the store, 2 ladies (Julie and Kayti) came out of another room to greet me (I was the only customer in the mid afternoon on a Thursday) and after I looked around a little bit I sat down at the Cider Bar where you can try 25 different flavors of Apple Cider. Julie was training Kayti so while I pondered my first choice Julie explained that the peanut butter was the favorite. Why not see what everybody else liked so Kayti poured me an ounce in a plastic cup and I sampled what tasted like a liquid taffy apple. Not Bad. From there I went to another flavor which escapes my short term memory (it's been less then 24 hours since I sampled it) and then made my final selection (I had to get back on the road for 2 more hours and didn't want to over indulge) of Amaretto.

That turned out to be the one I enjoyed the most so I bought a pint of Amaretto Apple Cider (it's already 1/2 empty as I keyboard this - or still 1/2 full for you optimist reading this) and also purchased a frozen Apple Pie par baked in a Bag which I will make for a brunch on Mother's Day 2 days from now.

After a few pictures of Julie and Kayti, a sign, the Apple Cider processing area and the owner's 3 children (with her pemission), I headed out the door with another VT tip and pictures in hand.

Located at 2941 Friday Road. Phone number is 269 468 3075
    Website is http://www.jollayorchards.com/

Julie and Kayti Behind the Bar The Owner's Kids Mug For Me Try All the Flavors if You Dare A Surprise Photo From the Front of the Store The Cider Operation

Instant Answers: Coloma

Comments

Coloma Travel Guide
Map of Coloma