Know about this? Rate It!
Home Town of Henry Ford
Detroit may be the Motor City but Henry Ford's home town is DEARBORN, Michigan.
The Henry Ford farmstead and his birthplace were here (subsequently removed to the confines of Greenfield Village). His estate home of Fair Lane is a short distance west of Ford Motor Company's World Headquarters, which stands proudly at Michigan Ave. near Greenfield Rd.
It is in Dearborn, too, that Henry Ford launched a building project to house workers at his nearby tractor plant. In an area south of Michigan Ave. and bounded by Military and Monroe Streets, Ford brought the assemblyline techniques used in his factories to the construction trade. Beginning in 1919, over 150 homes were built to original and unique designs.
Today the Ford Homes Historic District maintains a distinctive flavor that it proudly shares through House Walks and neighborhood fests. Visitors to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village area can easily make a brief sidetrip through the Ford Homes Historic District.
- Historical Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Detroit Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sand Harbor Beach State Recreation Area Hotels
- Playa Blanca
- Myrtle Springs Hotels
- Ucluelet Hotels
- Cambridge Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path