Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe, Detroit

4.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

400 Monroe St., Detroit MI (313) 965-4600

HItch wouldnt share...boo hoo...
    He's a machine!
    Nice Steak!
  • HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe: A Taste of New Orleans

by HotRodEtte Updated Jun 21, 2006

Fishbone's has several locations, the most famous and original being in the heart of Detroit's Greektown.
    The restaurant gives a taste of New Orleans, handing out beads as you walk in/out the door and providing you with excellent Cajun dishes.
    You also may try the Farmington Hills or St. Clair Shores locations, just outside the city limit.

Favorite Dish: I would say a toss up between the jambalaya and the seafood gumbo, but every dish is unique in its own way and worth trying every time you visit!

• LakeFever's Profile Photo

Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe: Steak, Seafood and Sushi

by LakeFever Updated Dec 4, 2005

He's a machine!

Three of us went to the restaurant after seeing a couple ads and the sign out front...on our way to look for somewhere to eat I stated that I wanted seafood, hitch said sushi and corporate Mike announced steak....well that is exactly what the sign said ...Steak, Seafood, Sushi.
    We went in without a reservation and sat in the bar area where there were tables and chairs surrounding the long wood bar, liquor display and a couple plasma TV's.......the menu had a lot to offer...the steaks cut on site and the sushi made at the sushi station in the main restaurant.....we knew we were in for a bit more pricey of a dinner and that was our plan....with a couple of beers and some good chow the bill cost us $30 usd ea....Mike and I had a thick steak and hitchy the sushi....I didnt go for the seafood as originaly planned as the steak selection looked to good and the shell fish a bit overpriced.....
    Waiter and service good...fresh baked bread and a decent atmosphere...more photos.
    We had nothing but good things to say.

Favorite Dish: The sirloin...at least an inch and a half think....filled me to the brim!

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe: The place to go in Greek Town

by TRimer Written Sep 8, 2007

When my husband lived in Detroit, he worked at Fishbone's as a waitor. Ever since our first date I heard wonderful tales of him running a section of Fishbones. I have visited the restaurant- both for lunch and breakfast - and it does live up to Joe's hype. Some of the old staff is still there and they remembered Joe. At breakfast, we sat next to a table of local politicians. Lunch was hopping and when we walked by on the way to the Red Wings game- dinner was packed.

Favorite Dish: Joe always recommends the gumbo!

• Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe: If you like fish, you'll love the Sea Bass

by cindylynn Written Nov 1, 2007

Incredible service, staff are friendly and helpful. Bartender was attentive but non invasive. When you ask for the rest room, they walk you to it. And there is a nice little couch in there,for quick calls to family and friends. Relaxed but elegant atmosphere. You will feel totally pampered and worth whatever it costs

Favorite Dish: Sea Bass

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe: Cajun Cookin' and Casino!

by truesunn Updated Jun 3, 2003
    Jambalaya

Located convieniently across the street from Greektown Casino, Fishbone's offers Jazz music and Cajun cooking from crawfish to shrimp to jambalaya to catfish to even alligator meat! Nice Mardi Gras like atmosphere.

Inside the cafe there is a 50 foot tall waterfall in it's hallway!

Favorite Dish: Fishbone's has awesome appetizers and wines. I love their Seafood Stuffed Crab Claws! They have the most delicious mushroom caps in white sauce I have ever had.

I order their Fried Catfish Dinner, with a hint of Tobasco sauce sprinkled on top.

• Casino and Gambling

Instant Answers: Detroit

Comments

Hotels Near Fishbone's Rhythm Cafe