Pizza Papalis, Detroit

553 Monroe St 313-961-8020

• sevilsungur's Profile Photo

Pizza Papalis - as good as pizza gets-: Spinach Special Forever

by sevilsungur Updated Apr 23, 2006

Aaaaaah, Pizza Papalis, I would give every Turkish Lira in my pocket just to have one slice of spinach speacial (SS) with mushroom, I'll even settle for a bite. Since I had my first slice of SS, I've committed myself to a unilateral exclusive relationship with Pizza Papalis. Despite the relocation I am loyal to my SS. Never had another bite of pizza thingy offered anywhere else.

If it's not Papalis, it's not Pizza.

I've found out that my sofa is where I can appreciate my SS the most. So, I always opted to call the Rivertown Delivery Service rather than dining in the omni crowded Greektown location.

Favorite Dish: Spinach Special with Mushroom Forever

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Pizza Papalis: Chicago Style Pizza at its Best

by HotRodEtte Written Jun 20, 2005

This is one of my favorite places to eat. A large restaurant, they are famous for their Chicago style deep dish. However you can also get pasta dishes as well as an array of appetizers

Favorite Dish: I have always been patial to the fetuccine with meat and mushroom sauce, but it has since been discontinued.
    You can't go wrong with the pizza, but if it's something lighter you desire, the lasagna is also fabulous!
    Keep in mind, deep dish pizza takes 45 minutes to prepare, so as long as you don't mind, the pizza is well worth the wait!

• Pizza Papalis: Mmmmm

by LawK Written Feb 11, 2004

Almost as good as Giordanos in Chicago. Pizza Papalis is a pizza "chain" in Metro Detroit, esp. Greektown in Detroit and also in Dearborn.
    The Detroit store is across the street from Greektown casino, one block from a safe, cheap parking structure, and located on a vibrant street.

*The restaurant allows you to order your pizza before you are seated if there is a wait.
    *Beware...the upper floor of the restaurant is HOT! (Open ovens on first floor...heat rises, etc...)

Favorite Dish: I suggest the deep-dish Chicago style pizza, large cheese: $16
    Feeds 4 people literally. One piece may be enough food for most adults.
    Also, you don't need to get toppings other than cheese. This pizza is very filling.

Instant Answers: Detroit

Comments

Hotels Near Pizza Papalis
4.0 out of 5 stars