Plaka Coney Island, Detroit

535 Monroe St, Detroit, MI 48226 (313) 962-4687

• sevilsungur's Profile Photo

Plaka Coney Island: Dilemma

by sevilsungur Written Jul 14, 2006

It took me years to get used to winding down around 2:00am in Detroit. That's the time that real festivities used to begin in istanbul, we would go out around midnight and barely start firing up around 2:00am. Well, that is not the case in this part of the world. Followingly, the restaurants that I would start going around 6:00am to sooth my stomach in Istanbul left the stage for Plaka in Detroit. Places like this tell a lot -more than you need to know- about a city. The hungry last shift of Detroit clubbers would end up here every night, and of course the gamblers who forgot to spare their soup change, and lost the last deal of cards at a black jack table across the street in Greektown casino, or struggling WSU students studying till wee hours of the night.

And once in a while men struggling to get out of their sticky ties with real life and trying to hold on to someone who is just passing by. Dilemma, he said...

• sarah00's Profile Photo

Plaka's: It's 2:30 a.m., where are you gonna go???

by sarah00 Written Apr 9, 2004

Alright well this place is right in the middle of Greektown. You can't miss it. Especially if it's after 2 when the bars close because the line will be out the door! Try to get there a little before 2 so that you don't have to wait too long. It's a Greek/Coney Island type place. I've been there during the day and durning the middle of the night and it's always good! When ever hanging out downtown and the night is coming to an end, we're always looking forward to heading over the Greektown and having some flaming cheese, gyros, and chili cheese fries! (Check it out on citysearch.)

Favorite Dish: The best part about Plaka's is the chili. I always get chili cheese fries. The chili is the best I've ever had. I don't know their secret is but I love it!

Instant Answers: Detroit