Escanaba Nightlife

where Esky elite meet
    by yooperprof

Most Recent Nightlife in Escanaba

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

Stardust Lounge: Like a bad dream...

by mwenn2100 Written Jun 20, 2006

ha ha ha.. just kidding about the title. After the brewery closed my new friends from Escanaba decided that no trip would be complete without experiencing the Stardust Lounge. From the outside it looks like somewhere that I used to get dragged to for some family wedding or an aunts 80th birthday (and it's not much better inside.) Someone had mentioned the Rat Pack before we went there and although I'm not sure I would associate them with a bar like this, it was an interesting experience.

When you walk into the building there is a bar along the back wall and the room has a pool table, dart board and ripped up circular booths (with a fake flower on each table!) If you walk to the left and go down the hall there is some sort of small club, for lack of a better word. There is a bar back there, folding tables and a small stage that they apparently have karaoke on. Beyond this room to the left is yet another room with more pool tables, etc. The second room (the karaoke room) was the most crowded with everyone from older adults to young kids with mohawks standing around chatting. We opted to go back up front and sit in one of the dilapited booths so we could talk. The crowd was, to put it nicely, pretty far gone by midnight! The place was a trip and although I don't think I'll be going back... it was an experience.

**side note: I was told that the Stardust Lounge is in the local police blotter quite often.... hmmmmm....

Dress Code: Anything goes... from what I saw

Hereford and Hops: Local Brewery

by mwenn2100 Written Jun 20, 2006

We went into downtown Escanaba on a Saturday night to meet up with some of the ex's friends and all decided to meet at the local brewery. For a Saturday night the town was completely dead. So dead in fact that Hereford and Hops did last call around 11pm!

Regardless we stopped in to meet up and have a drink. The restaurant was closed so I only saw the darkened dining room as I walked to the bar, but it looked nice from what I could see. The bar was actually quite nice. It was a large long wooden bar and behind the bar (or rather behind your back as you sit at the bar) is the brewery area with all the machines. There are many different beers to try (including a chocolate beer?!?!?!?!) and the bartender was super friendly. Besides their homemade brews they also have bottles of your regular beers (Miller, Bud, Corona, etc). There were signs for bar food as well with some surprising menu items on the wall (like spring rolls, etc).

Dress Code: Casual

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

Chip-In's Island Resort and Casino: You can never escape gambling...

by mwenn2100 Written Jun 20, 2006

The nightlife in Escanaba is somewhat lacking (sorry) so you may want to consider heading out to the casino. Okay, and the fact that I enjoy gambling once in a while doesn't hurt! :) A casino is a casino right? Hmmmmm... true most of the casinos outside of the big gambling cities are fairly similar, but I still prefer Potawatomi Casino in Milwaukee.

The Island Resort and Casino was very nice though. There is a huge tent set up outside for what I am assuming are summer concerts. Upon walking in the building there is a stage/bar immediately in front of you in which a decent cover band was playing. Everyone seemed to be having a good time listening/watching the band. If you walk to your left... there are the games. I'm partial to table games and was a bit disappointed that there were only a few tables. Most of the casino games were slot machines (which might I add did not pay out for me!) The casino was perfectly fine, but seemed small.

Anyway, as far as casinos go... there was booze, there was music and there was gambling so if you're in the mood check it out. By the way, even though I lost money, my ex won $800 on a slot machine.

Dress Code: Casual... almost anything goes!

• Casino and Gambling

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Delft Theater: Escanaba in 'da Moonlight

by yooperprof Written Aug 18, 2004
    where Esky elite meet

The Delft Theater is a popular nightspot on Ludington Avenue. Drinks are cheap, and there is a cavernous dance floor. Caters to a younger crowd: after midnight, anyone over thirty is likely to feel out-of-place.

Dress Code: Jeans, flannel and baseball caps.

Instant Answers: Escanaba

Comments

Escanaba Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Escanaba nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Escanaba sightseeing.