Escanaba Restaurants

• center of the
    center of the "white food movement"
    by yooperprof

Most Recent Restaurants in Escanaba

• The Swedish Pantry: You have to try the swedish pancakes!

by formeryooper Written Jul 18, 2009

This restaurant is a family favorite. The previous reviewer of this establishment must not have had the swedish pancakes (my favorite) or the swedish meatballs. They also have daily specials and homemade soups that are to die for! If you have room, don't say no to the bread pudding with rum/raisin sauce :)

• THE STONE HOUSE: WHAT A MENU!

by LILMOE Written Jul 3, 2006

GREAT SURROUNDINGS AND A VERY COMPLETE MENU. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL DIFFERENT ENTREES' AND THEY WERE ALL EXCELLENT. A LITTLE PRICY FOR THE NABA, BUT COMPARABLE TO LOWER MICHIGAN PRICIES. FIVE STARS *****

Favorite Dish: A FRESH FISH PLATTER WITH PERCH, TROUT AND WALLEYE. THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD

• Motorcycle
    • Business Travel

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

Hudson's Classic Grill: 50's Diner

by mwenn2100 Written Jun 20, 2006

Okay, for some reason I keep ending up at chains even though I honestly try not to go to them when I am traveling, but I had never been to a Hudson's so I guess it's okay. Hudson's is set up like a 50's diner with all the memorabilia you could ever want. The walls are lined with pictures of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and Betty Boop. The restaurant itself is fairly small with a small smoking section in the back (also where the bar is located).

The food is similar to any Chili's/Applebee's type restaurant. It was a nice place, but I would have preferred somewhere a bit more local.

Favorite Dish: My dish was so so (in fact I don't even remember what I had)... some sort of wrap. But the curly fries that came with it were very good.

• katchow's Profile Photo

The StoneHouse: Best one in town

by katchow Written Jan 23, 2005

Very good food not too over-priced shorts and flip-flops are ok.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Chicken Nelson. Named after Todd the chef. chicken, shrimp, crab, fresh mushrooms all with creamy alfredo served over fetuccini. mmmm mmm

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Swedish Pantry: Scandihoovian Cookery

by yooperprof Written Aug 18, 2004
    center of the

Some people love this place and swear by its traditional Swedish favorites. Certainly the interior is "charming" in a "Kountry Kitchen" kitschy kind of way. But every time I eat here I'm struck at how bland the food is. It makes you realize that for a lot of northern europeans, salt and pepper are still considered daring spices.

Instant Answers: Escanaba

Comments

Escanaba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Escanaba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Escanaba sightseeing.