Flat Rock Shopping

Best Rated Shopping in Flat Rock

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Not Many To Speak Of!: We Don't Even Have A Grocery Store!

by truesunn Updated Mar 13, 2008

When I first moved to Flat Rock, we had a K-Mart and a FoodTown on Telegraph Road, which was the closest thing to a shopping center we had, until FoodTown closed it's doors about a year and a half ago, and we all know of K-Mart's demise...

The closest Grocery store is either Kroger in Gibralter, which is in a strip mall with Blockbuster, Cottage Inn Pizza, a Gift Shop, Wendy's, Subway and a small diner (name changes often...) which is about 15 mins away, or a second Kroger , about 15 mins away in a mall with A&W, another Blockbuster, a Chinese Food carry-out and ACO. The nearest Meijer, Target, and Walmarts are both a 20 minute drive as well at West and Allen Roads in Woodhaven.

The mall nearest Flat Rock would be Frenchtown Mall in Monroe, 25 minutes away. They have a Sears, Spencers, Elder Beerman, Dollar Mart, Dunham's, Target and a few other smaller stores as well as a small movie theater and arcade. It is generally not too crowded and the prices are pretty good.

What to buy: Nothing in particular, it's a fairly small hometown.

What to pay: About average prices for the state around here.

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Supple's Greenhouses: Great Greenery!

by truesunn Written Mar 13, 2008

Supple's Greenhouses has provided me and my family with wonderful summers by providing healthy, quality plants and greenery for my yard and garden. Supple's offers a huge selection of decorative plants, house plants, vegetable plants, herb plants, bushes, trees and more! The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the prices are the best around, even better than retailers like Home Depot, Walmart and Meijer.

What to buy: We purchase our annual flowers and our vegetable plants and herbs that cannot be grown from seed in our growing zone. I am always happy with their large selection of pepper and tomato varieties.

What to pay: Best I recall, I got my marigolds for around $1.29 per pack last year.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Flat Rock

Comments

Flat Rock Shopping

Reviews and photos of Flat Rock shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Flat Rock sightseeing.