Iron River Travel Guide

My mom's cabin in the winter.
    by klarson
    Bags used to collect sap.
    by klarson
    Tubes emptying into tank.

Iron River Hotels

Iron River Restaurants

• klarson's Profile Photo

by klarson Written Dec 16, 2002

Alice's Restaurant is a nice Italian restaurant located in the center of Iron River. Often when we went there, Alice herself would stop by our table and ask if everything was alright.

Favorite Dish: On Fridays, Alice's has a nice fish fry. The Poor Man's Lobster is really delicious! If you're not into fish, I recommend the lasagna. Yum! Sticks to your ribs!

• by bobnann Written Oct 5, 2002

We always go to the Brule River Tap for their buffet. The chicken is good, but don't order a steak. I ordered a steak medium rare, and got one that was leathery.
    It's close (on 55 just over the Wisconsin border), the atmosphere is casual and friendly. They have a bar with video games for the kids, and lots of dead fish and animals on the walls.

Favorite Dish: chicken

• Iron River Hotels

1 Hotels in Iron River

57 Reviews and Opinions

Iron River What to Pack

• by bobnann Written Oct 5, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Make sure you bring clothes for a variety of temperatures. It can be 90 one day and 50 the next. Nights can get very cool.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring lots of bug spray!!!!!

Photo Equipment: I could not find a battery for my very old Pentax in any of the stores in Iron River.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: The horse flies and caterpillars were very bad in June. We actually had to leave the beach because the flies were literally all over our bodies.

Iron River Favorites

• klarson's Profile Photo
    Some of the corny parade entries!

by klarson Written Dec 16, 2002

Fondest memory: I wouldn't say this is my fondest memory, but as there are no other categories for "special events", I'll put this here. Anyway, every July Iron River sponsors the annual U.P. Championship Rodeo. Yee haw! Besides rodeo competition, there is also the root-tootin' Rodeo Parade! My mom usually tries her best to *miss* the rodeo, but still ends up going to the parade every once in awhile.

• by bobnann Written Oct 5, 2002

Favorite thing: We always go to Pentoga Park, off of Route 424. They have an excellent beach with rafts, logs, and diving boards. The playground has new equipment, along with the same stuff I played on 30 years ago. They also have an Indian burial ground that the kids found very interesting.

Fondest memory: I have been going up since i was a child so I have many memories. The favorites are sitting by the fire, exploring the woods, and fishing.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Iron River? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Iron River

Comments

Iron River Travel Guide
Map of Iron River