Mount Pleasant Restaurants

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

GREAT WALL BUFFET: CHINESE RESTAURANT

by LoriPori Updated Oct 9, 2010

Great Wall Buffet

Hans and I have eaten at the GREAT WALL BUFFET Chinese Restaurant on a number of occasions. This family owned and operated restaurant is a delight as the staff, consisting mostly of family members are always so welcoming and cheerful.
    We go for the dinner buffet, which for $7.25 is an absolute bargain. They offer over 100 items including steamed crab legs, jumbo peel-and-eat shrimp, coconut shrimp, chicken dishes, pork dishes, fried rice, chop suey, chow mein, fish, egg rolls, spring rolls, etc. I enjoyed their won-ton soup - big won-ton noodles in a tasty broth. The dessert bar is small but adequate - I enjoy the lichees.
    I don't know how they offer such a nice variety of food for such a good price. I mean it was busy for a Monday night. They also offer take-out and lunch combination plates.

Hours of operation:
    Monday to Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
    Friday to Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
    Sunday 10.30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Update: August 17,2008
    Hans and I came here once again and enjoyed the meal very much. The price went up .50 cents and is now $7.75 US.
    I opened up my fortune cookie and it read: " You will step on the soil of many countries" . Wow - so true!

Update: Monday April 13, 2009
    Hans and I once again enjoyed the incredible Buffet here. Hans says the crab legs were simply delicious. I had a plate full of peel-n' eat shrimp - they were huge, fresh and delicious. And still $7.75

Update: Thursday October 7, 2010
    Just can't get enough of this place. I don't know how they do it - crab legs, many shrimp and chicken dishes - and still $7.75

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Mountain Town Station Brewery and Restaurant: A good place to go after hitting the slopes

by yooperprof Written Aug 5, 2008
    shrimp seafood specialty

Popular (and large) restaurant/brewpub just outside downtown Mt. Pleasant. Good beers and a comprehensive, competent menu. Several different seating styles to cater to the varying needs of different customers: a bar, hightops tables, deep booths. . . . Burgers, chicken, fish, salads, seafood all share room on the menu.

I ate here in 1997, just shortly after the place had opened - and again in August 2008. I think its longevity speaks well for the place - it is obviously satisfying its customer base. The person I was with ordered a cheeseburger which was excellent - fries just so-so. I got the Orange-glazed barbecue shrimp. The entree was tasty, though the portion size was smallish, and the accompanying veggies were tired and overcooked - too long on the steamer!

• Beer Tasting

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

FIREFLY BUFFET -SOARING EAGLE CASINO: SEAFOOD EXTRAVAGANZA

by LoriPori Written Jun 11, 2006

When Hans and I do go to Mount Pleasant, we always make sure we are there for the Monday night Seafood Extravaganza at the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort in the FIREFLY BUFFET. People start lining up around 4 p.m. for the 5 p.m. opening. They have HUGE mounds of Snow Crab Legs, which it seems most people come for, huge peel and eat shrimp, salad bar, dessert bar and Buffet with more seafood dishes, pastas & other cuts of meat (usually ham). The dessert bar is to die for with lemon meringue pies, pecan pies, carrot cake, huge cookies, sundae bar ( I always put gummi bears on my sundae ), and so much more. The price is a steep $19.75 per adult but we usually get a little something in comps to offset the cost. It is well worth it.

Instant Answers: Mount Pleasant

Comments

Mount Pleasant Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mount Pleasant restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mount Pleasant sightseeing.

View all Mount Pleasant hotels