New Buffalo Travel Guide

New Buffalo Things to Do

by Toughluck Written May 22, 2007

On your way to the beach, you pass the marina. Here you'll find a wide variety of boats. There is always 1 or 2 coming in or leaving the harbor. Enjoy the different sailboats and powerboats, and the variety of people who operate them.

New Buffalo Hotels

• Holiday Inn Expste New Buffalo

11500 HOLIDAY DRIVE, New Buffalo, MI 49117

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Business

• Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites NEW...

11500 Holiday Dr, New Buffalo, MI 49117

Satisfaction: Very Good

• Rodeway Inn New Buffalo

We stayed last year for New Years Eve, it was 65.00 for the night, we were a little skeptical...

• Plaza Hotel

18800 Laporte Rd, New Buffalo, MI 49117

Satisfaction: Terrible

Good for: Families

• New Buffalo All Suites Inn B

231 E BUFFALO STREET, New Buffalo, MI 49117

• O'Brien Inn & Resort

11539 O_Brien Court, (formerly Comfort Inn), New Buffalo, Michigan, 49117, United States

Satisfaction: Terrible

Good for: Solo

New Buffalo Restaurants

• amgentz's Profile Photo

by amgentz Written Nov 26, 2007

The local town gathering place. My wife and I pulled up front of Rosie's for the first time and was quite surprised to see that it reminded us of the cozy restaurant we go to at home.

The waitress was very friendly. We were seated promptly and by the time we put our order in, the line to get in was out the door and going down the street. (less than 5 minutes) When I inquired about the amount of people and how they managed in the summer time when the boaters were in town she said they are lined up outside all day long.

The food was super and the price was $4 to $10 range for breakfast, lunch and Dinner.

Favorite Dish: Can anyone tell me where in America you can get S.O.S. for breakfast?

You can at Rosie's !!!

It was great!!

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches
    • Casino and Gambling

by Toughluck Written May 22, 2007

Restored old brick building (1920's), with the original 42-foot (12.9 m) art deco bar. Cool dark shady place on a hot day. Relax, get off your feet and have a cold drink.

Favorite Dish: Beer Battered Atlantic Cod
    Lake Perch,
    Flank Steak Sandwich, "Grilled flank steak, sauteed mushrooms,and onions on a French roll
    Casey Burger, 8 oz. Burger, with lettuce, tomato and onion. Sauteed Mushrooms, onions or cheese extra.

by Toughluck Updated May 22, 2007

I have been a die-hard Redamak's patron for more than 20 years. I first discovered the legend of this burger when the restaurant was on Wells street in Chicago. Now, I come once a year all the way from San Francisco because the burgers and cheese fries are just that good (okay, I also visit my parents in Chicago). I know there are others out there who love this place as much as I do and this is what makes this place so special. I just shrug and shake my head every time someone tells me that I have to go to 'this place or that place' because they have the best hamburgers. Quite simply, these hamburgers are unequivocally the best in the world. For anyone who has doubts, they will have to come to the tiny and wonderful town of New Buffalo Michigan to experience the legend for themselves. More often than not, you will hear someone proclaim to someone, "This is the best burger I've ever had."

David Stone
    San Francisco, CA

Redamak's Basket and Plate Affair
    Dinners Served with Your Choice of Two of the Following: French Fries, Country Classic Cole Slaw, Sour Cream Cheddar Macaroni Salad, Seasoned Potato Wedges, Cottage Cheese Cup, Applesauce Cup, Fresh Fruit Cup or a Bowl of the Soup of the Day.

BBQ Chicken Breast (2-4 1/2 oz)
    (Chicken Breast Marinara Sandwich
    Deep Fried Fantail Shrimp
    Chicken Strip Dinner

Favorite Dish: Angie's Homestyle Chili: $2.50
    Chicago Style Cheddar Soup: $3.00
    (Served Monday thru Thursday Only)

Our Famous Working Person's Special
    Served Noon to 4:00PM Local Time
    (Not available on Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays)

HAMBURGER w/Fries $4.00
    DOUBLE SWISS BURGER w/Fries $6.00
    TRIPLE HAMBURGER w/Fries $6.50
    TRIPLE CHEESEBURGER w/Fries $7.25
    TRIPLE SWISS BURGER w/Fries $7.25

All burgers may be dressed with:
    Ketchup, Mustard, Raw Onion and Cross Cut Dill Pickles (What We Call Everything)

Add a side order to complement your Working Person's Special:

TRIPLE CHEESEBURGER $7.25
    TRIPLE SWISS BURGER $7.25

New Buffalo Shopping

by Toughluck Written Jun 8, 2007

The store is located in the building next to the alley, but I always start out by walking the alley. There's another small shop in the back. Then I enter the back door and work my way forward to the street side. Wonderful paintings, miniatures, and poster.

Instant Answers: New Buffalo

Comments

New Buffalo Travel Guide
Map of New Buffalo