Rochester Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rochester

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Rochester Mills Beer Company: Brews and Food on the Patio

by sarahandgareth Written Oct 2, 2008

I visited the Rochester Mills Beer Company on a beatiful fall day and was delighted to see that they had outdoor seating. (I was even more delighted when I realized that smoking is allowed in sections of the indoor seating area. I have become so used to the Massachusetts smoking ban, that even a little smoke seems like a lot these days.)

I couldn't decide which kind of beer to try at the, so I opted for a sampler - 5-oz glasses of five different beers. I tried Water Street Wheat, Rochester Red, Brickshot ESB, Cornerstone IPA, and Paint Creek Porter. I enjoyed them all, but I found the ESB and the IPA to be more interesting than the rest.

Unfortunately my meal was no nearly as good as my beer. Although the side salad was delicious, the ravioli that I order for my main course was bit on the boring side. If I return in the future, I will probably opt for something more traditionally associated with breweries. Hopefully that will be more their style.

• Rochester Chop House: Fine Steakhouse dining.

by ctj Written Nov 9, 2006

Ate at the Rochester Chop House with my wife. Dining room is well decored with dim lighting and live piano. The fried calamari was excellent, just slighty crispy. Dinner was filet & lobster Combo. Steak was cooked and seasoned to perfection. Lobster was great. Wine list is well selected. Plan to return again when seeking a quality steak dinner.
    Local chain Kruse and Muer runs 5 upscale restaurants in the area. Check any of them out and you won't be disapointed.

Wine event in November.

Favorite Dish: Surf and turf. Steaks are great cuts. Seafood is always fresh.

• Business Travel

• Travler409's Profile Photo

Lipuma's: Sometimes a hot dog is a meal...

by Travler409 Updated Jul 13, 2003

World renowned according to the autographed celebrity pictures on the wall, Lipuma's is a local favorite especially in the summer. They are a hot dog place first but also have daily home made soups. Tacos also appear on the menu board. Lipuma's sits on Main Street but it's outdoor dining deck rests alongside the Clinton River. In the summer in the evenings it is very relaxing.

Favorite Dish: I always go for the Chicago Dog and an order of fries. The chili fries with mustard and onions is also a good thing to munch on.

• Cycling
    • Hiking and Walking

• phred1910's Profile Photo

Lipuma's: The line down the block can't be bad

by phred1910 Updated Jun 23, 2003

Get your hot dogs (Coney, New York, Chicago, etc...) and chili cheese fries. The patio overlooks Paint Creek in Rochester and provides a very natural setting for some very unnatural food. If you get there at a busy time, expect a line down the street - even in the winter...don't panic as the service is quite fast...Leave a tip and they ring a bell and shout out salutations...

Favorite Dish: Chicago Style Hot Dog - Nice dog on a poppy seed bun, piled high with tomato, onion, relish, ketchup, mustard, pickle, hot peppers, and sprinkled with celery seed.

Worth the drive !!!

Instant Answers: Rochester

Rochester Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rochester restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rochester sightseeing.