Romulus Travel Guide

• Waiting and wishing to fly out of here...
    Waiting and wishing to fly out of...
  • Romulus
    Goodbye Romulus!

Romulus Hotels

Romulus Restaurants

• spocklogic's Profile Photo

by spocklogic Updated Jan 29, 2014

Stuck in Romulus, Michigan, due to a missed connection in Detroit, I was hungry for lunch by the time I got to my hotel at the Clarion. So, I headed out on foot to see what was around - Speedway (nah), McDonald's (nah), Big Boy (nah), so I kept on walking. About 10 minutes walk I saw a small strip mall with a Subway (nah), and some international flavor - Chinese, Italian, and Lebanese. I opted for the Italian at a place called Toarmina's Pizza, which bills itself as home of the 24 Inch Pizza! I can't speak on other locations, but enjoyed this one.

Apparently Toarmina's is a chain with 14 locations in Southeastern Michigan, this one being in Romulus. It's a smal restaurant with half a dozen tables or so and big screen TV. The place is clean and colorful inside, and the menu of a good variety. I decided on a 6 inch meatball sub sandwich. It was ready in about 10 minutes, and was one hell of a good sub. The meatballs were tender and well spiced, covered in tomato sauce and cheese in a toasted Italian bread. This sandwich was packed too and filled me up quite well. Some satisfaction here at least in compensation for my missed flight.

Favorite Dish: Enjoyed the meatball sandwich

Toarmina's Pizza - exterior Toarmina's Pizza - interior I Toarmina's Pizza - interior II Toarmina's Pizza - interior III Meatball sandwich

Romulus Favorites

• KaterinaBeena's Profile Photo

by KaterinaBeena Written Feb 17, 2008

Favorite thing: Romulus is a small town and has that small town feel. Downtown Romulus, has 1 grocery store, pharmacy, local restaurants and a gentlemans club. You can still leave your window's open and car doors unlocked at night and still feel "safe". Its claim to fame is Detroit Metro Airport. Which sits in the center of Romulus. Romulus is centrally located to our bigger cities: Detroit, Ann Arbor, & Dearborn. It has no malls, a few local restuarants, a few chain fast food places (Mc Donalds, Burger King) and lots of hotels for those wanting to stay near a big city, but not in one. You still need a car (plenty of places to rent one) to get around, as Romulus may be small, it is spread out, due to the area being relatively undeveloped.
    If you are looking for a quiet place to stay and be well within a quick drive to the big cities, then Romulus is the place to stay.

Instant Answers: Romulus

Comments

Romulus Travel Guide
Map of Romulus