Saint Joseph Restaurants

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Clementine's: Local Spot Right on the River

by riorich55 Written Aug 7, 2009

Treasure Chest

The original Clementine's Restaurant is in downtown South Haven, but for the several days we were in town the wait was anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. However, on our way back home to Chicago we stopped in St Joseph where we knew they had an off shoot of the original so we stopped here and had an early dinner since we hadn't had lunch earlier in the day. Since it was our first visit I won't put anything in the favorite dish portion of the review, but give you a quick restaurant description and food we ate.

The restaurant is right on the St. Joseph River across from marina in town. Plenty of Free Parking and an area to eat inside or out. We originally had wanted to sit outside, but at the time we came (around 4:30 p.m.) they were only serving full meals inside so that's where we went. Service was fast and friendly and the restaurant was light with windows facing out toward the river.

Picture #1 shows Sue's meal - The Treasure Chest which was a shrimp with pasta meal.
    Picture #2 show my meal - The Oh My Darling an open face shrimp and crab sandwich with a side of french onion soup.
    Picture #3 shows a glass of Pepsi - I work for Pepsi and that this was a good publicity shot.
    Picture #4 shows the bar inside the restaurant.
    Picture #5 shows the outsidie of the restaurant.

• Seniors

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

Pump House Grille: Pump House Grille

by kimberbakos Written Oct 5, 2002

Prices are very reasonable and the Pump House is a great place to eat with a family. Wednesday is rib night, and my dad often comes down half an hour to eat here. Hold distinction of being the only business in St. Joseph owned by an African American, so promote diversity and drop by for a great meal.

Favorite Dish: Prime rib sandwich! For only $7 you get a HUGE piece of steak, served openface on Tx toast, with plenty of au jus and the BEST fries in St. Joe.

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

Clementine's: Clementine's

by kimberbakos Written Oct 5, 2002

If it is not too hot, the patio that overlooks the river is a great place to enjoy good food and a pitcher of margaritas. It is always quite busy, so avoid it on Friday and Satuday nights if you don't want to wait.

Favorite Dish: Onion rings, fried zucchini, and apple blossom. I know, it is not exactly health food! The sandwiches are very good, too.

Instant Answers: Saint Joseph

Comments

Saint Joseph Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Joseph restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Joseph sightseeing.