Saugatuck Restaurants

by deecat
    Exterior of Butler
    by riorich55
  • Coral Gables Restaurant in Saugatuck, Michigan
    Coral Gables Restaurant in Saugatuck,...
    by deecat

Best Rated Restaurants in Saugatuck

• deecat's Profile Photo

Coral Gales: Perfect Location; Excellent Food

by deecat Updated Sep 28, 2009

View from our table at Coral Gables Restaurant

Before we left for Michigan, Mickey and I had perused the possible places to eat in Sagatuck. The one that we thought looked like a great location and had glowing reviews was called, of all things, Coral Gables

It is located on the waterfront and has been a very popular spot for 40 years. This is a family owned restaurant that features three restaurants and four bars with service inside or outside [on the deck overlooking the waterfront]. There is also a small gift shop in the establishment.

They have music, entertainment, and dancing on the weekends and more often in the peak summer months.

I took photo #1 from our table out on the deck. It was a lovely day with mild temperatures and sunshine. We had a choice of sun or shade and selected the shade, under a colorful table umbrella.

As usual, Mickey and knew that we would be sharing our meal and were perplexed because of all the tempting choices. It was difficult, but we decided on three items:

Favorite Dish: They have an extensive menu with several seafood choices. Mickey and I first selected a Greek Salad..see photo #3. It had olives and Feta cheese along with onions and lettuce..

Our second choice was Coconut Shrimp in a nice proportion [8 pieces so we each had 4].
    We were so thrilled with the looks and the taste of the shrimp that I forgot to take a photo!

Our third choice was a Lake Perch Sandwich accompanied by Sweet Potato Fries [as shown in photo #4] The 1/2 sandwich that we each enjoyed was very good. I'm not a potato fan, but the sweet potato fries were good..

Needless to say, we were full by the time we were finished. The ambience was perfect, the food was excellent, and the service was good. A smart choice.

• Women's Travel

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Butler: Indoor or Outdoor Eating

by riorich55 Written Aug 11, 2009

Exterior of Butler

While spending the day in town about a 20 mile drive from where we were staying in South Haven, we planned on meeting our 2nd son Greg and his girlfriend Amy for a few hours and having lunch. The day was a bit overcast and when it came time for lunch we attempted to eat out doors, but the rain soon drove us indoors. Since the main restaurant upstairs was already full, those remaining outdoors were shuttled to the lower level where I assume they have private parties, not much of an atmosphere, but at least it was out of the rain.

Favorite Dish: The lunch time menu consisted of sandwiches, salads, burgers and the like. I can't remember what Sue, Greg or Amy had for lunch, but I opted for the salmon burger. It was just alright and nothing really to write home about.

• Coral Gables: Great Waterfront Dining

by LisaML Written Jun 24, 2009

The view from the deck is amazing. I love that they have 3 different decks with great views of the river. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond any other server I have ever had. I had a great bone in Kansas City strip that was cooked perfectly. My husband had the perch. It was the best perch that I have ever tasted. For those over 21, the golden margarita was nice and strong with great flavor. It was not too sour like many you get at restaurants. My kids were happy with their meals. My son loved the ravioli. It was huge! Both of my daughters loved the mini hot dog. There was live music on the next deck that had a Jimmy Buffet feel. It was packed over there with people drinking and dancing. Another thing that I loved was all of the attractions for kids. There were a bunch of quarter rides, a 25 foot tall rock wall, a bungee trampoline and a bounce house. This is a great place. I would recommend it any day!

Favorite Dish: The bone in Kansas City Steak is amazing!

• KalamazooJohn's Profile Photo

Coral Gables: Skip the Coral Gables

by KalamazooJohn Written Dec 3, 2005

Went in for a beer on a hot summer afternoon. Wait staff less than enthusiastic about serving me, sitting at the bar. Got my beer and my friend came in to meet me and she wanted one, too. It took a while, but she got one and when she went to pay with her debit card, they pretended like we weren't there. Worst restaurant service experience I have ever had. Skip this place, as there are other nice restaurants on the waterfront, with outdoor seating.

• School Holidays
    • Beaches
    • Singles

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Coral Gables right on the...

by gkitzmil Updated Oct 27, 2003

Coral Gables

right on the bay! Makes the best boat drinks! Good food too and you can sit on the deck outside! This has the best view.

Favorite Dish: Boat Drinks and Burgers!

Instant Answers: Saugatuck

Comments

Saugatuck Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saugatuck restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saugatuck sightseeing.