Tecumseh Travel Guide

• Tecumseh

Tecumseh Things to Do

• by historictecumseh Updated May 19, 2007

Check out the Tecumseh Area Historical Museum

The Tecumseh Area Historical Museum, located in a beautifully restored 1913 fieldstone church, houses a wealth of history and artifacts from Tecumseh and Lenawee County. We have a gift shop on site.

• Museum Visits

Tecumseh Hotels

Tecumseh Restaurants

by rossandkelli Written Oct 4, 2002

We went to a small bar in Saline on the way back to Rt. 94 but I don't remember the name of it. I would suggest after jumping, go to a local bar, have a cocktail and some greasy bar food. That's what we did!

Favorite Dish: Philly cheesesteak with onions, peppers, mushroom and cheese with a Long Island Iced Tea - ahhhh.

Tecumseh What to Pack

by rossandkelli Written Oct 4, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: It's usually warm in the summer so wear shorts and light shoes, I had on tennis shoes and socks and was sweating! Just dress comfortable and leave your jewelery at home or in the car.

Photo Equipment: If it's your first jump, get the video and still shots...it's worth the $80 to capture your first experience on film!!!! We took a camera and took a few pictures of each couple getting ready, waiting and landing so do that as well because all the shots they take are mostly in the air.

Tecumseh Favorites

by rossandkelli Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: I had always talked about wanting to skydive but never really thought it would become a reality. Our friends John and Jennifer mentioned that they wanted to do it too so the next thing you know we've got a jump scheduled for two weeks.

As the date got closer we got more and more excited but on the morning of our jump I got a bit nervous. I think the anxiety came from truly not knowing what to expect. I thought it would feel out of control or that I would feel like I would get sick but it didn't at all, I thank my dive master for that!

Once we were in the plane I felt anxious and the reality of it all hit that I was actually going to jump out of an airplane at 13,500'.

My dive master told me to watch as everyone else jumped because it was cool, so I did and my response was simply 'oh my god'. They just flew out and dropped and told myself, that's going to be me!

I think the most nerve racking part was being moved to the door, Rich was a lot bigger than me and pretty much picked me up off the floor so I had no control but I trusted him so that helped.

The initial jump out of the plane required a bit of a scream on my part but within a few seconds it turned to excited screams instead of 'oh sh*t' screams.

We were flying! I imagine it's the closest thing to actually flying so the experience consumes you, I kept looking around and of course looked down a lot. My photographer Andy came flying up to meet us which was cool in itself, he got some great shots and an awesome movie. After a minute Rich pulled the chute and up we went, a little jerk but not bad at all. We then pulled the straps of my gear toward my knees so I could sit, easy. Rich showed me how to maneuver and how to land...of which I helped. The glide down was a couple minutes and was quiet as can be, we chatted a bit and then prepared for landing.

To land you come in on your butt, since first timers don't know what to do it works best that way.

My immediate response upon landing was 'let's go again'. I will be going back to take the course and to learn to jump on my own...liked it that much.

After you land and get out of your gear you can watch your video, they give you the roll of film for development. I went to a one hour photo and they came out great!

Instant Answers: Tecumseh

Comments

Tecumseh Travel Guide
Map of Tecumseh