Trenton Travel Guide

• Elizabeth Park in Winter by Carrie Ann Seal
    Elizabeth Park in Winter by Carrie Ann...
    by truesunn
    Trojan Man!!!
    by truesunn

Trenton Things to Do

by truesunn Written Jul 13, 2003

The second weekend in July every summer, hundreds of craftsmen and artisians come to display their wares in old downtown Trenton, along West Jefferson Rd.

There is jewerly, wood craft, clothing, and more, and the small shops along the venue also offer discounted merchandise along the sidewalks.

Many food stalls are set up among the booths including skishkabob stalls, lemonade stands and funnel cake stands! Good eats!

There is live entertainment throughout the day as well as face painting and games for children.

Trenton Restaurants

• by UNKNOWN2014 Written Aug 30, 2011

Fratello's is running down, and rightfully so. The food is absolutely disgusting, not to mention I've heard complaints before I stepped foot into the restaurant about hair being cooked into the food. I decided to have my own experience there, and not only did I take my family, but I was willing to pay very good money for a good experience. The food did not taste good at all. It was honestly very uncomfortable being there. The waitress did not even use our entire gift card! They said that only the minimum amount of food would be taken off of the receipt?? And when we complained about that issue, which was a minor 5$ or so fixable issue, the manager was so condescendingly rude. He treated me like I am an uneducated individual. I am sorry but I am going to Medical School and I brought my family to enjoy a meal. I will not be spoken to in that manner by a manager at a running down restaurant. I respectfully-which was not reciprocated-told him that I will simply pay the bill and not come back or refer this restaurant to anybody ever again. That is that. My family owns businesses and manages. The customer is always right. Even when we have an issue that involves a customer, we will do everything to make that customer happy and leave happy. Apparently this does not occur at Fratello's in Trenton, MI. I am sorry people, but find another restaurant worth paying $100 for, where the food actually tastes delicious and is not thawed from being frozen and called "homemade." Find somewhere that makes you feel welcome and happy.

by truesunn Written Jul 13, 2003

I have not had the pleasure of dining here, but it gets excellent reviews. Offering Steaks and their specialty, 1897 is housed in a 1900's victorian home in the heart of downtown Trenton!

Favorite Dish: I hear the steak is top notch!

by truesunn Written Jul 13, 2003

Hand dipped ice cream on sugar cones, featuring about 30 flavors, as well as old favorites like banana splits and parfaits!

My grandparents live right up the street, we used to walk here as kids when Baskin Robbins owned it!

Favorite Dish: Mint chocolate chip hand dipped on a sugar cone! MMMM! Their butter pecan is pretty good according to my grandpa ;)

Trenton Off The Beaten Path

by truesunn Written Jul 13, 2003

If you like to bike or rollerblade, head down to Westfield Park, which offers over a mile long bike/walk/rollerblading path. For those of you who prefer a little more rugged biking, there is another trail, which is all woodchips and rock, nicknamed "devil's trail" running alongside the paved path and the creek.

Westfield Park Runs parallel to Westfield Road. You can park at the Trenton Veteran's Memorial Library and bike from there!

• Hiking and Walking

Trenton Sports & Outdoors

by truesunn Written Jul 13, 2003

Also at the Kennedy Recreation Center is the "Z" pool, as locals call it. While the pool is no longer Z shaped after the all new pool area was constructed, the name stuck.

There is a regular olympic type 5'-6' deep pool as well as a shallower childrens pool featuring fountains and water guns! The waterslide empties you out into the 3' area of the children's wading pool!

Equipment: Swimsuit, sunglasses, sandals, towel and sunscreen.

This is a family pool, no thongs!

I believe admission was $3 per adult and kids under 5 free...

• Water Sports

by truesunn Written Jul 13, 2003

If you are a hockey fan, don't miss a Trenton High hockey game! We have one of the best Varsity teams in the entire state!

They also offer open skate to the public weeknights!

Equipment: If you wish to attend open skate, bring ice skates! Children must wear helmets!

• Adventure Travel

• Trenton Hotels

0 Hotels in Trenton

Instant Answers: Trenton

Comments

Map of Trenton