Watervliet Travel Guide

Good for: Business

Watervliet Tourist Traps

• Phlebas2's Profile Photo

by Phlebas2 Written Jul 8, 2008

Look, just off 94.. Its a motel ! Its a Water park ! Its a Bar !..
    It's Surfari Joe's Ramada http://www.surfarijoes.com/

Warning, things viewed on the internet may appear smaller in person.

I stumbled upon this after reading a article on the local News TV site.

And then I googled this

Unique Suggestions: Stop at 'valiet and check it out. Its not a bad thing, just remember that it's NOT Busch Garden's I think I have NEVER seen anything like this since the "classic" tourist traps of the 60's.

The stuffed wild game in the lobby is a must see. It looks like Kabala's or Its like Terrible Ted, was on his way down I-94 and wanted a sattelite Sunrize Acres.
    It makes Deer Forest look like a pet store..
    ( Im sure PETA types would have a cow.. or maybe have a water buffalo.. lol)

Perhaps this might get a listing on the "to do" list.. if I took freinds with kids along with me, I just couldn't justify the 99 bucks for myself for a room and 4 passes to the very very bizarre holidome style pool.

On the bright side ITS NOT SOUTH BEND INDIANA, and the $2.50 16oz beer was a nice diversion, And even better, I just kept wanting to keep singing Ted Nugent songs, for some reason, all the way home.

Fun Alternatives: There are NO alternatives in this area.. IN this catagory, the next stop on the waterpark scene is Shipshewana IN// I dont go that far over in Indiana anymore, there's
    "hostile amish" over there.

The verdict is out, I need to revisit and spend a little more time looking things over next time .
    And maybe a room, and definitely some freinds, and several more 16oz drafts.

Updates to follow.. Upon next visit.. I's love to hear other people comments..

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Watervliet

Comments

Watervliet Travel Guide
Map of Watervliet