Battle Lake Travel Guide

Battle Lake Hotels

Battle Lake Restaurants

• doctordente's Profile Photo

by doctordente Updated Jul 14, 2007

This is your typical Minnesota supper club, only open from about 5-10pm most evenings (the bar is open later). What is not so typical is that this is a converted roller skating rink, with a dining area, a bar and piano lounge, and then a dancing area for teenagers on the weekends. Everything is clean and well-maintained, and the meal's are consistently well-prepared. The menu has many humorous sayings and observations interspersed among the menu items. They serve 100% Angus beef and WALLEYE! They have great freshly baked bread with the salads, and the potato selection is great. Get there early (5:00pm) or you'll have to wait. It's worth it though! Every summer when I visit relatives (for the past 20 years or so) we eat there. It's a wonderful family tradition.

Favorite Dish: I always get the walleye, because if you're in Minnesota visiting, why would you want anything else? However, I have had their steaks which are excellent, and quite frankly, I'm not certain how they prepare such quality food so reasonably, I'd pay double for a meal that good in Kansas City, and I doubt if I could even get WALLEYE in Kansas City for any price.

West side of Stub's on MN 78 Sign out front
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: Battle Lake

Comments

Battle Lake Travel Guide
Map of Battle Lake