Golden Valley Travel Guide

Family karaoke
  • Things to Do

Golden Valley Things to Do

by jessicadf Updated Nov 30, 2003

Yep, on this trip we were lucky enough to be present for the first snow. Even snow-hardened Minnesota kids are excited to play in the first snow of the season. Sadly, I was sick and only took photos away from the kids, not wanting to spread my germs to them.

Golden Valley Hotels

Golden Valley Restaurants

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Written Dec 4, 2011

There are four Doolittle's in the Minneapolis area. They are a semi-eligant steak house, rotisserie and grill. My family has gone there for many years, slightly pampering themselves on special occasions or when they simply felt they deserved it.

The large wood tables and decorations on the walls (old aviator themed at the moment) give it a comfortable, unpretentious feeling. The kitchen is partially visible through a large door and open counter, but the wood fired rotisserie with the plump chickens and other meats roasting is right in front for everyone to see.

Favorite Dish: Obviously you cannot go wrong with any of the rotisserie options, but I would recommend the rotisserie sirloin before the chicken, it is quite delicious. If you prefer fish, one of the daily specials that made the permanent menu is a very tender steel head trout presented on a bed of spinach.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

by jessicadf Updated Apr 4, 2011

Yum! Birthday cake for grandma's 90th birthday came from this top notch bakery. Layers of white and chocolate cake, with whipped cream frosting, fresh fruit and almond slivers. I'd be hard pressed to make it better myself!

by jessicadf Written Nov 30, 2003

Very, very good Indian take-away. We got a HUGE order of food to bring in for my grandmother's birthday celebration with all our family. Taste of Thailand, Taste of India and Taste of Scandanavia. Pretty funny, really.

Favorite Dish: The naan was absolutely delicious, as were all the curries and chutneys.

Golden Valley Local Customs

by jessicadf Written Nov 30, 2003

Yes, more cat snuggling. It's not that often that I get to massage Violet. From what I'm told, she's generally stand-offish. Not that *I* saw!

purrrrrr

by jessicadf Written Nov 30, 2003

Here is council-member-elect, Michael, snuggling with Violet. You know this didn't last long, right?

by jessicadf Written Nov 30, 2003

If they want to be snuggled, that is... I was staying in the guest room, and the cat counts that bed as its own... so I had plenty of chances.

Violet takes a snooze

Golden Valley What to Pack

by jessicadf Written Nov 30, 2003

Luggage and bags: For a family vacation, I simply used my roll-aboard TravelPro. Perfecto for a long weekend!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Down coat, sweaters, pants, socks, hat and some ear-pops. A little later in to the season and I'd pack my snow-boots. Don't wear them on the plane, because they're too much of a pain to take off and on through the security lines at the airport.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Nothing out of the ordinary... toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Photo Equipment: For this trip, I simply had my Nikon Coolpix digital camera. 35mm would be fine, too, but I didn't bring it this time.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Dress for the cold!

Instant Answers: Golden Valley

Comments

Golden Valley Travel Guide
Map of Golden Valley