Karlstad Travel Guide

Where's Rocky the Squirrel?
    The Sign Says It All
    Deer Hunters

Karlstad Things to Do

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Deer Hunters 2 more images

by riorich55 Updated Apr 1, 2011

I'm from the suburbs of Chicago and have lived around Chicago most of my life. Although I've tried a little fishing (I'm not patient enough to like it), I've never gone hunting, probably will never go hunting and then only thing I'll ever shoot is something with my camera or camcorder.

The Saturday I passed through Karlstad, I didn't want to wander too far from my car to take pictures. Several times when I stopped to take pictures I heard shots in the distance and I immediately hopped back into my car.

Anyway the driver who I worked with delivering soda on Friday was a big deer hunter and was going to be hunting on the weekend. When I met up with him again on Monday morning I mentioned to him that I shot a deer over the weekend myself. In disbelief, since I had talked about being a non-hunter, I proceeded to show him the deer I shot with my camera (don't look at my pictures if you don't want to see a freshly killed deer hanging on a hook that was shot by some hunters).

One of the other pictures I shot was of a unique deer hunting stand (a converted school bus)

• Camping
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: Karlstad

Comments

Karlstad Travel Guide
Map of Karlstad