Maple Grove Travel Guide

Maple Grove Hotels

Maple Grove Restaurants

• rmlupu's Profile Photo

by rmlupu Updated Apr 4, 2011

Much more than a wine bar, Kay's is an excellent place to spend an evening after a hard day of shopping in Maple Grove. Food is great; atmosphere is wonderful and completely unexpected in an area best known of its chain restaurants. The Chef maintained menu changes every two weeks and is varied enough to meet the demands of any discerning taste. By day this place is a low key, but great, lunch deli specializing in honey glazed hams. It is at night that it really shines transforming into Kay's. The wine list is good and the attention to detail shows through. A real gem in the northwest, I recommend a stop by.

Favorite Dish: Hard to have a real favorite when the menu changes every two weeks but I have never had a dish I did not like.

My personal favorite is not on the menu and the Chef is kind of enough to perpare the dessert when I ask for it; a simple plate of fine dark chocolate, small mound of course sea salt, and a fine glass of port. A perfect way to end a great meal.

• Wine Tasting

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Written Oct 29, 2010

This was a fun time out. Rather than ordering a plate for everyone, we ordered several dishes and passed them around so we could taste a little of everything. Although I enjoyed everything, I like the sweet and sour dishes the best.

Then came the desert cart. They have it set up so you can order a small portion of something or there are some that are larger portions that can be shared between people.

Favorite Dish: You can call for reservations or do take out.

We had a great time.

• rmlupu's Profile Photo

by rmlupu Updated Sep 20, 2007

My favorite haunt in Maple Grove, actually one of my favorite sushi establishments in Minnesota. A simple and down to earth place that is clean and comfortable. Attention to detail in the preperation and an experienced itamae makes this place a great stop if in Maple Grove. The restaurant also has an established habachi grill area in the back and the typical show/dinner is on par with most good habachi restraunts.

Favorite Dish: The fish is fresh, toro being my favorite, so you can't go wrong there. If you like maki then I suggest the spicy girl roll and of course the sea weed salad and sake compliment the menu well. If you have one or more with you then the "Love Boat" is a good bet. Lots of sushi served on a ship, try it.

• Business Travel

Maple Grove Shopping

• crmeers's Profile Photo

by crmeers Written Dec 31, 2009

Lots of great organic food, and it is all at a somewhat reasonable price. I love shopping here, you just have a great selection of food. :)

What to buy: Trader Joes specializes in organic and healthier foods, and of course, WINE

What to pay: not too expensive, but you will spend alot because you want to buy everything in the store.

Instant Answers: Maple Grove

Comments

Maple Grove Travel Guide
Map of Maple Grove