Seasons, Minneapolis

Know about this? Rate It!

• Seasons
    by acemj
  • acemj's Profile Photo

A winter wonderland!

by acemj Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: To see a hillside white with dogwood bloom is to know a particular ecstasy of beauty, but to walk the gray Winter woods and find the buds which will resurrect that beauty in another May is to partake of continuity.
    - - - Hal Borland, New York Times, November 28, 1948

• JeanetteH's Profile Photo

We lived in Eden Prairie for...

by JeanetteH Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: We lived in Eden Prairie for two and one half Winters.

My favorite thing was the dear people I met. I endured the Winters, the were especially long and bitter while there. The lowest we saw was -25 below, with a wind chill index of -60-70 below.

While enduring the Winters, we would go to the Mall of America. There were green trees and lots to do. We would make a day of it and enjoy a movie, dinner or lunch and walk.

We did get a kick out of driving on Lake Minnetonka with our family that came up for a visit. They couldn't believe we were actually driving on a lake. Not to mention the city kept the road plowed clean so the locals could use it as a short cut during the Winter!

We did not take advantage of the ice fishing, snowmobiling or cross country sking. It is a great place for all of the above if you are so inclined. I knew of natives that loved those activites so very much.

• Summerwind's Profile Photo

Oh my Coldness! 40 below...

by Summerwind Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Oh my Coldness! 40 below Annoka hennepin County Juniorhighschool working with Bill Buth a german-teacher as an amity-aide exchange-student living with two guest-families. Paul and cathy Kulas at WestRiverroad by the Mississippi

Fondest memory: Concerts / One Million-Dollar-Hotel (like in the Film of Wim Wenders) / Nanou/Helen/Claudia/Mathu/Gisela/ Trip to Chicago/Florida

Instant Answers: Minneapolis