Weather Wise, Minneapolis

by go_doggo
  • Faracy's Profile Photo

Four defined seasons

by Faracy Updated Jun 15, 2004

Luggage and bags: something water proof is always good..

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Minneapolis is known for being cold...
    That being said, most locals own a pair of snow boots (the garrish things that your mom maybe made you wear as a little kid) but never wear them.. I havenĀ“t worn know boots for years.. I just wear regular shoes, or my zip up regular boots in the winter..
    Spring is wet, and you will be walking in maybe snow, puddles, and mud.. the same can be said for fall... Summer is really hot.. and humid.. I dress like its summer year round, with or without a sweater and coat.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: You can get ANYTHING here.. but its expensive. Those of you used to universal medical care be forewarned.. also the pharmacists are not used to giving advice like they are in Europe.

Photo Equipment: Readily available at drug stores, discount stores, and of course many camera stores.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Insect repellent if you plan on going up North.

• melissamn1's Profile Photo

Packing List

by melissamn1 Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: It all depends on the season. Summer it gets between 80 and 95 degrees. We have very humid summers. Fall it gets breezy. Long pants and a light long sleeve shirt for the day and a light jacket for the evening. Winter you need the works. Warms clothes, gloves, boots..etc. Spring is pretty much like Fall but, a bit warmer. We can get some warm weather in the Spring and it can get cold. I would check the weather before visiting MN.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Camping and Outdoor Gear would be great if you are planning to do such a thing. We have beaches nothing like the carribean of course.

• go_doggo's Profile Photo

Packing List

by go_doggo Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: warm clothes in the winter are a must. By warm I don't just mean a sweater and light coat either. I am used to the cold and I dress in layers: thermal shirt, tshirt, sweater, then a warm outdoor coat with good wind protection. warm hat and mittens or gloves, too

Instant Answers: Minneapolis

Comments

Other What to Pack in Minneapolis