Sports, Minneapolis

• Target Center at halftime of a high school game
    Target Center at halftime of a high...
    by CThomasB
  • SF_Grrl's Profile Photo

METRODOME - WORST BASEBALL STADIUM IN THE MLB

by SF_Grrl Updated Oct 5, 2004

Hubert H. Humprey Metrodome - Home of the MN Twins

OK I had to live here during my college days and endure this sterile place that was *really* built for the MN Vikings NFL team.

Check out the map on the MN Twins page and compare it to the MN Vikings map on their website...duhhhhhhh.

But being the damn MLB diehard I was I did go to this place with my best college partner in crime. We'd skip class and sit in the nosebleed seats which at that time were a whopping $3.00 a pop.

So we could have money to chug a lug another MN major mistake - 3.2 beer.

Well it was beer - it was baseball - I was young and my partner in crime and I were 2 of the biggest hell raiser's in the Twin Cities.
    I'm sure people still talk about us to this day.

And the Twins which I will always dearly love won the World Series here when I was in college in 1987. Now that is a memory that is really priceless. Puckett, Hrerbek, Gagne - God I will love those guys till the day I die.

(It's in a rather dodgy part of town - if you aren't familar with this part of the city stay close to this stadium especially at night)

• Study Abroad
    • Seniors

• Redlats's Profile Photo

Professional Sports

by Redlats Updated May 9, 2004

Our Timberwolf game

We tried to go to an NHL and NBA game. We only succeeded in going to see the Timberwolves play the NJ Nets. It was great to see a game live. We stumbled upon four tickets that someone was selling, so we got to see the game from 10 rows up.

It is difficult to get tickets to professional sports games. I would suggest the only way to ensure you get tickets is to order them off the net long before you go. Otherwise, you will be like us - testing your luck at finding someone's extras. And the scalpers do not help. They talk in terms of how many times the list price do you wish to pay.

This is our pic at the game - I always get to sit behind the guy with a big head.

NBA (Timberwolves) games are played at the Target Centre in downtown Minneapolis.

NFL (Vikings) and MLB (Twins) games are played at the Hubert Humphrey Metrodome at the other end of downtown Minneapolis.

NHL (Wild) games are played at the Xcel Energy Center in downtown Saint Paul

• Do everything like I did. Go...

by coradoni Written Aug 24, 2002

Do everything like I did. Go to the Target Centre, to the Metrodome, to the Cabooze, go playing basket in the playgrounds...Go play Golf, there are a lot of beautiful grounds.
    With an Italian boy, like I was and I am, everybody was extremly friendly

• go_doggo's Profile Photo

Check out a game or event at...

by go_doggo Written Aug 24, 2002

Check out a game or event at the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome (indoor stadium).
    I have been to the Metrodome for Vikings games (although I am a Packers fan!), MN Twins, and the Monster Trucks!!! lots of fun! also, the Minnesota Golden Gophers (university) play football here and there are concerts and expos once in awhile. I have also heard they allow rollerblading on the concourses during certain times...

Instant Answers: Minneapolis