Sauk Centre Travel Guide

• Byant Library, Sauk Centre, Minnesota, US 2008
    Byant Library, Sauk Centre, Minnesota,...
    by dromosapien
  • Main Street Theater, Sauk Centre, Minnesota 2008
    Main Street Theater, Sauk Centre,...
    by dromosapien
    how it looks on a summer afternoon
    by zrim

Sauk Centre Things to Do

by zrim Updated Jul 24, 2003

I am sure that Main Street looks vastly different than 1920 Sauk Centre, but it doesn't look as though it has changed much since 1955 or so. There was not a bit of activity the saturday afternoon that we drove its length.

how it looks on a summer afternoon

by zrim Updated Jul 24, 2003

In my day we walked ten miles to school and it was uphill both ways, not to mention the blizzards that started October 15th and didn't let up until April 30th, don't even get me started on how bad the mosquitos and black flies were in my day or the fact that the grasshoppers would move in by the billions and eat all the crops or that all us school kids would invariable lose hands and feet in pa's thresher and how we ate lye for supper. And we liked it. We loved it!

restored schoolhouse
    • Museum Visits

by zrim Written Jul 24, 2003

A downtown theater that still shows movies! This is becoming a rarity in the U.S. I suspect every town of at least a few thousand souls had a downtown movie theater between 1930 and 1975 or so. But then somebody came up with the bright idea of putting movie theaters in malls and then it was only a matter of time before cineplexes were born. Now movies are only shown in clusters in suburbia. But not in Sauk Centre. Want to see Charlie's Angels Two, just head on down to Main Street. Cool.

Main Street Cinema

Sauk Centre Hotels

Sauk Centre Warnings and Dangers

by zrim Written Jul 23, 2003

Go ahead and stay at the Gopher Prairie Motel if you wish. But it is just a bit on the creepy side for me (and by that I mean a whole lot). Come on, would you be the least bit surprised to find Norman Bates behind the desk taking your reservation?

too creepy

Instant Answers: Sauk Centre

Comments

Sauk Centre Travel Guide
Map of Sauk Centre