Conn Travel Guide

by Stephen-KarenConn

Conn Things to Do

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 3, 2007

For many miles before I reached the spot on the map called Conn, I drove through a sparsely populated area, past overgrown fields and second growth pine forests. Upon arrival in Conn, this old house surrounded by pecan trees, a barn, and a storage shed were the only things I found. The house was dilapidated and empty, with the door standing open and some of the windows broken out. I spent an hour walking around the grounds and through the buildings of the abandoned farmstead, contemplating the life of the family that once had lived here. It was a kind of spooky and the whole experience gave me a melancholy feeling.

I traveled on down the road to the next house and inquired. The old farmer I met told me that at one time there had been a Conn Post Office and a Conn General Store along the road in front of the house I had explored. This had been the center of a small farming and logging community a generation or two ago. The people who owned the place now lived far away, he said, and he wasn't quite certain where they had gone.

Pecan Trees Frame the Old Conn Farmhouse

Instant Answers: Conn

Comments

Conn Travel Guide
Map of Conn