Hattiesburg Restaurants

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel: Good Chain Restaurant

by Basaic Updated Mar 27, 2013

Cracker Barrel

Another chain restaurant I like is Cracker Barrel. The food and the service is consistently good and this one was no exception. Worth a stop for good food and good value. Hours are 6 AM to 10 PM Sunday through Thursday and 6 AM to 11 PM Friday and Saturday.

Favorite Dish: Great meatloaf!

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Olive Garden: Good Americanized Italian Food

by Basaic Updated Mar 26, 2013

Olive Garden

$19 as of March 2013. I like the food in Olive Garden; but it is a bit Americanized from regular Italian food. This was a fairly typical Olive Garden but my waiter, Richard, was better than average. Hours are 11 AM to 10 PM Sunday through Thursday and 11 AM to 11 PM Friday and Saturday.

Favorite Dish: I had some good Parmesan Crusted Tilapia and even better Chicken and Gnocchi Soup.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• rstary's Profile Photo

Walnut Circle Grill: Old Town Hattiesburg Favorite

by rstary Written Sep 4, 2011
    Walnut Circle Grill with the kids

I don't know what all the fuss is about price. We had a delightful meal and Charlotte took great care of us. We brought our 24 year old daughter and our 16 year old son, so there wasn't much drinking. I had a cocktail and a beer and my wife had a glass of wine. The total meal with the two kids' pasta dishes was under $130 with the tip! I'm sure that if you order the wine, it might be a bit more pricey, but there are pricey restaurants in my home town without the ambiance of this neat place!

Favorite Dish: I had a wonderful snapper and my wife had the bacon wrapped scallops. Both were delicious.

• Wine Tasting

• lisa_lise's Profile Photo

Cafe Boheme: Tasty soup hits the spot

by lisa_lise Updated Apr 4, 2011

Very friendly waitstaff, nice, cozy atmosphere, everything is fresh and tasty--baked goods, sandwiches, unusual soups. You can tell that everything has been made with care. My friend who lives in Hattiesburg goes to this cafe regularly, and it was the perfect place to spend a rainy afternoon.

• Women's Travel

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Crescent City Grill: Great southern dishes and seafood

by DSwede Updated Dec 15, 2009

Crescent City Grill

Crescent City Grill is a good place to fill your bellies and not empty your wallets. Having a rather gluttonous meal and ordering several sides, we still managed to be about $25 per person (including drinks).

The interior of the restaurant is classy, but not formal. Jeans and t-shirts are fine, but there were some people still dressed a little more elegant. There is a long bar on one side of the restaurant if you just decide to come for some appetizers and watch the game on TV too.

Favorite Dish: New Orleans theme, with pasta and seafood. All of the food is good! We tried grilled fish, etouffee, fried shrimps, seasoned oysters, etc...
    They also have ~4 daily specials that are not on the menu.
    Menu can be found at:

• lisa_lise's Profile Photo

Suwanas: Great Waitstaff and the Best Pad Woon Sen

by lisa_lise Written Aug 9, 2009

Pad woon sen at Suwanas

Fantastic service and unforgettable Thai food. (I eat Thai food constantly, so I'm a good judge of it.) One thing to note is that the name of the restaurant occasionally changes (it used to be called Jutama's), so just look for 910 Timothy Lane.

Favorite Dish: The waitress recommended the pad woon sen, and it was the best pad woon sen I've ever had. The portion was also enormous--more than enough for 2 meals. And the lemons were carved to look like they had bunny ears--it was a nice detail.

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel

• Nanny's Country Kitchen: Great Authenic Southern Cooking!!!

by tower21 Written Jul 27, 2009

Nanny's has been serving up some of grandma's favorite dishes along with a side of good ole' Southern charm for over 20 years! It is family owned and operated. Barbara "Nanny" Walters is 85 years old and still serves, smiles, and cracks jokes with familiar customers. They are open for lunch Mon-Fri. I started eating at Nanny's in college because it reminded me of my mom's cookin' and I still make a point to eat there weekly. I see many college students, tough construction workers, and professional businessmen all gathered in this little place just to get a taste of home. It's also definitely a lot cheaper than most restaurants in town ($5-8) and has spectacular portions.

Oh yea, the yeast rolls are the bomb.com!

Favorite Dish: My favorite is Chicken and Dumplings on Tuesdays and Catfish on Fridays or maybe the spaghetti or... I don't know... it's all so good.

• Seniors

• IronLenz's Profile Photo

Leatha's BBQ: Leatha's

by IronLenz Updated Mar 26, 2007

don't know how they do it, but this place makes plywood charming!

The place is made almost entirely of plywood or wooden panel board with a few folk art paintings and big things to see. Those big things would be the family that works there. They are all HUGE and sweet as hell. Our waitress wore a mumu. She took orders on a table of 10 and didn't wrtie down a thing. She then repeated the order back to us without a flaw.

The food was good, but not the best BBQ I've ever had. In the dirty south, you've got to go to the "Brick Pit" in Mobile, AL for that. Old Leatha hersaelf was there and delighted to take a photo with us. She said that every day she shows up she wants her food to be better. Awesome lady.

• The Lake Serene Grocery: Eat like a highway paver

by loumarvin Updated May 9, 2006

On weekdays the Lake Serene Grocery out Hwy 98 serves a hot plate lunch for about $5. I've had the chipped beef over rice and the fried catfish. Comes with choice of boiled or fried vegetable and corn bread. Honestly, this is a dining experience. First, the food tastes just like it was made by your own 350 lb aunt. Second, you get to eat it at long metal tables with other guys just like you (all eyeballin' the clock hopin' that 1:00 doesn't come too soon and that 5:00 gets here asap). The fact that they also sell live bait in the back (crickets and minnows) is gravy.

Favorite Dish: You eat what they're servin'. But don't worry. It's all good and all made with 100% fat-full lard.

Instant Answers: Hattiesburg

Comments

Hattiesburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hattiesburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hattiesburg sightseeing.