Indianola Travel Guide

Historic District

Indianola Things to Do

• Basaic's Profile Photo

by Basaic Written Sep 12, 2012

Indianola has a nice historic district with several buildings of historical and/or architectural interest.

Indianola Historic District
    • Architecture

• Basaic's Profile Photo

by Basaic Written Sep 12, 2012

Indianola is a town of about 11,000 located in Northwest Mississippi along US Highway 82. This is part of the Mississippi Delta and is part of the "Blues Highway". Indianola is the county seat of Sunflower County. Sunflower County was established in 1844. The pace of life here is relaxed and the people are friendly.

Sunflower County Courthouse
    • Architecture

• Indianola Hotels

3 Hotels in Indianola

Indianola Hotels

• Best Western Blues Traveler

910 US Highway 82 East, (formerly "Comfort Inn"), Indianola, Mississippi, 38751-2326, United States

Satisfaction: Poor

• Days Inn Indianola

1015 Highway 82 E, Indianola, MS 38751

Indianola Restaurants

• by travellingbluesman79 Written Apr 30, 2009

This may be one of the best hole in the walls I've ever been to. Very clean with a great vibe. While the food may not come out as fast as other places, you can tell that everything is cooked when you order it, and that it is cooked with love. You know you're in the right place when the owner is sitting down eating at the table next to you and the manager is your waiter. My wife ate what we all called the best fried catfish we've ever had. I had their bbq. Why they only do bbq every other saturday, I have no idea, as it was extremely good and fresh. As a matter of fact, I sat outside with the manager(who also I found out does most of the cooking) and smoked a cigarette while he finished cooking my ribs. His potatoe salad and cole slaw were good, but the baked beans left a little lacking. My son had their cheeseburger, which was the only real burger we found in the area. My daughter had a TURKEY burger. Visit the area and you'll understand the surprise of the turkey burger. Everybody here was extremely nice, and I would tell everybody to visit this place.

Favorite Dish: You have to try the catfish. I was told that they cook different styles of turkey burgers, and if they all taste like the one my daughter had you'll love them.

• Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Indianola

Comments

Indianola Travel Guide
Map of Indianola