Branson Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Branson

McFarlain's: Fried Green Tomatoes

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cornbread

We ate a very early dinner at McFarlains, which was supposed to be a family restaurant with local recipes. It was in the IMAX mall. I didn't think the food was very good.

McFarlain's offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. In the mornings there is a large breakfast buffet. There is also a little store associated with it where you can purchase a McFarlain's cookbook and several food items, including cornbread mix, and jams.

Sun-Thu 7:30am-9:15pm, Fri-Sat
    7:30am-8:15pm

Favorite Dish: I got fried green tomatoes, which were greasy. Bob got fish and chips, but the chips were just regular fries. We took a lot of it home with us. Except for the cornbread, which was good, I was disappointed.

Food Court: IMAX mall

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Baskin Robbins

In addition to several theatres, a lot of stores, and a 'real' restaurant, there was a food court where you could get pizza, subs, ice cream and desserts. Although some of the places weren't even open in the winter when we were there. We didn't actually eat anything at the food court. We ate at McFarlain's, (see photos 4 for McFarlain's desserts). You could also buy some of their products to take home (photo 5).

Favorite Dish: The three main restaurants and what the website says about them:

Quiznos Subs
    Quiznos serves signature oven-baked Classic Subs -- which are made from high quality meats, cheeses and other ingredients. And, our sandwiches are warmed through a conveyor toaster oven that brings out the flavor in the meats, melts the cheeses and toasts our proprietary recipe soft baguette bread.

Breadeaúx Pizza
    The best pizza around starts here with us! We think you'll see that our crust, which is chewy and sweet, and reminiscent of fine French Bread is best you've ever tasted and our Breadeaúx Pizza sauce and toppings our always fresh!

Baskin Robbins
    Before or after the show Baskin Robbins is there! For the best ice cream treats around you can always look to Baskin Robbins to bring you the finest treats.
    Call 417-334-5099 for info!

• Whipper Snappers: Lobsters!!

by Jolietvilletraveler Written Dec 21, 2010

This restaurant is downstairs from Peppercorns. They have a buffet which includes lobster & crab legs. The lobsters are small, but it is all you can eat. Salad portion of buffet was o.k., but who wants to take up room with salad when lobster awaits?? They were overcooked somewhat and at one point we had to wait about 5 min for next potfull to arrive, but overall, worth the money. Peel & eat shrimp also which was good. Sauce could have had a bit more kick. Definitely NOT Lobsterfest in Orlando, Florida, but if you can't get there, this will do!!! Floor could have been cleaner. Wait staff pleasant and attentive. Price of buffet included being able to go upstairs & partake of Peppercorns buffet also!! Their floor was horrible & stuff on their buffet wasn't as attractive, however, the steak was excellent!

Favorite Dish: Lobster

• Business Travel
    • Theater Travel

• Grand Country Buffet: Save room for desserts!!

by Jolietvilletraveler Written Dec 21, 2010

Grand Country is one of the only "organizations" that are open all year. We spent quite a bit of time in their complex as so many of the shows close Dec. 11/12 & we weren't aware of that ahead of time!!
    This buffet is o.k., with the highlight being the desserts!! Soups & salad bar are adequate. Entrees are...ehhhh, nothing great, but o.k. Fried chicken was pretty bland. But the desserts were worth the price!!! Chocolate chip & other cookies to die for! Place was clean & staff (altho not neatly dressed) were attentive enough.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate chip cookies!

• Montana Mike's Steakhouse: Good steaks

by Jolietvilletraveler Written Dec 21, 2010

Hubby had the Mama Ribeye and was very, very pleased with it. He likes his steaks Very rare (still mooing!) and has a hard time getting one prepared correctly. This one was! I had the salmon, which was very good. Salads fresh, cold & tasty dressings. Bread/buns were fantastic! Tasted fresh baked on premises.

Favorite Dish: Salmon & steak

• Seniors

• McFarlain's: Have to try fried green tomatoes!!

by Jolietvilletraveler Written Dec 21, 2010

Located in the IMAX entertainment complex...clean, western motif. Local flyers have 10% off meal, so that's a good deal!! Fried green tomatoes appetizer were fantastic!! Have had them at lots of restaurants & fix them at home & these were top of the heap! Sandwiches were good; Manhattan was good also, altho made with beef roast instead of sliced beef. Waiter was attentive without being hovering. Good experience.

Favorite Dish: FRIED GREEN TOMATOES!

• Business Travel

Shorty Small's: Ribs and Steaks

by grandmaR Updated Dec 3, 2009

Outside from parking lot at dusk

After we checked in, we blundered around in the cold and dark looking for a place to have dinner. We ended up at Shorty's and then we almost couldn't find our way back to the condo. Shorty's is a chain with other full service restaurants in AK, OK and KS plus some that they call 'casual dining'.

The menu has "The Legend of Shorty Small"

Who The Heck is Shorty Small?

This story starts back in eighteen eighty-eight; it's about a mining town slapjack who made the worst pancakes ever. (But, if you're hungry, who gives a damn . . .). Well, anyway, the story we really want to tell is about his son, Shorty. Shorty was born in nineteen thirty-four. Needless to say, Ol' Josh was seventy-four when Shorty was born.

Well, as Shorty grew on plain folks' food, he attained the great height of five feet two inches, and he expan'ed to two hundred and ninety pounds. And Shorty jus' kept on expan'in'. . . and expan'in' and expan'in'. . . We won't mention his weight again, but we'll tell of his inheritance of the saloon business from his pappy, Ol' Josh. By the way, Ol' Josh kept the fire hot and fathered sixteen more youngin's named Lenzie, Drew, Ervin, Pat, Bill, Patrick, Rodney, Chuckie, Tracy, Daniel, Brad, Dave, Tarek, and Craig. Ol' Josh died happy at a hunnert and four. In fact, it was a hunnert and four degrees the day he died.

There were lots of women in Shorty's life, and he loved `em all includin': Kathi, Paula, Katie, Linda, Jennifer, "Boom Boom", Michele and Pat (but not at the same time...). But none caught his fancy like Sadie Woedzinski (wad*zen*skee!). Sadie was just a skinny young thang, an' she was gooder than gold. But years of cookin' for Shorty - and his inherited interest in young ladies - began to show a lot of wear and tear on poor Sadie, yet she still stuck by his side (it was the right side - not the left).

Favorite Dish: Bob had ribs, I had steak and then I had a fruit cobbler. It was all good.

The link below is to the Branson menu

• peppercorn`s: terrible service

by phylly5 Updated May 29, 2008

terrible service, only 2 waitresses for the whole restaurant. I waited 50 min. for a medium well steak that turned out to be very well done. I ate by myself because everyone else had already gotten their food and was done eating. We will not go back their and will not recommed it to anyone.

Favorite Dish: none

• Fall Creek STeaks: STEAKS WERE TERRIBLE

by rbartoN58 Written May 22, 2008

The building was really nice. There was a man throwing homemade rolls at you before your food arrived. They were great. Once the food arrived it all went downhill. The steaks were not cooked as ordered Husband order his medium and it was RARE. I order mine medium rare and it was burned. I had a bake potatoe with mine and had to wait about 10 minutes for the butter and sour cream to come after asking for it twice. Also waiter never came by to refill our tea glasses. I would not recommended this establishment to anyone.

Favorite Dish: The homemade rolls were great

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Bandana's Barbecue: Nice place for lunch

by 807Wheaton Updated Jan 7, 2008

Esterior of Bandanas

Bandanas is located in Branson Mill Craft Village right beyond the Shoppes at Branson Meadows. Bandanas opened for lunch at 11 AM and we were ready for an early lunch. The interior of the restaurant is very unique with different colored bandanas hanging on the walls and windows. Much of the wall covering is a galvanized metal, especially in the restrooms.
    They have a huge menu and all four of us ordered something different. I ordered wet pork which came with 2 sides plus two good sized pieces of garlic toast. They had several choices of sauces to use on the meat. My pork was very moist, tender and tasty. No one had any complaints about any of our choices. We really enjoyed our visit and would recommend a meal at Bandanas when you are out shopping in Branson.

Favorite Dish: I had the pork bar b que luncheon plate. Plenty of food for lunch.

• Theater Travel

• Uptown Cafe: SERVICE with a Smile!!!

by texinmo64 Updated Jul 8, 2007

My bride and I stopped at the UPTOWN CAFE (the one with the taxi out front). Just out of chance. We went in and found the Cafe to be very clean. The Staff were very happy. I ordered the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy and green beans, with fresh bread. I must share with you that it was the absolute best I have had. Everything about my meal was excellent. But, what really impressed us the most... was the attitudes of everyone working there. We were convinced that the Busboy was the owner. He was not, but he very well could have been with his friendly smile. Our waitress gave us excellent service and told us about thier breakfast buffet for $4.99. We then felt the need to share a Warm Brownie Sundae. WOW!!!
    We went to Dick Clark's for our next meal. I will just leave you with.... there was no comparison. We had to go back to Uptown Diner for the breakfast buffet before heading home. Guess what? It was no fluke........everything was fantastic!!! Keep up the good work.
    We will be back to eat on our next Branson trip. Hopefully soon.

Montana Mike's Steakhouse: One of the Stockade Companies

by grandmaR Updated Jul 5, 2007

Sign

A survey website says: A full-service casual dining steakhouse that specializes in satisfying big appetites at an exceptional value! You’ll feast on a selection of naturally aged steaks, hand-cut right in the restaurant and grilled.

All Montana Mike’s offer beer and wine with most locations having a full bar.

Montana Mike’s menu offers grilled chicken, baby back ribs, chicken-fried steak, catfish and of course our mouth-watering steaks including Mike’s 22-ounce Sirloin, a Mile High 16-ounceRibeye or a delicious Porterhouse. Guests can choose from a list of delicious appetizers including fried mushrooms, Mike’s famous potato boats or hand-breaded onion rings. We also offer fresh salads, pastas and other seasonal menus and promotions throughout the year.

Favorite Dish: I had a steak (which came with Texas toast), and root beer. I don't remember much else about it.

Montana Mike's is a chain with locations in TX, OK, KS, IL, IN and KY in addition to Missouri.

• Plantation Inn: Terrible experience

by lostagainkc Written Oct 21, 2006

I knew we were in trouble when I had to ask the waitress for a menu. Food on the steam table was barely warm. Other patrons had to request the buffet be refilled. I waited 5 miniutes for a fork. Bowls were visibly dirty, plates were questionable. What I thought was a chocolate desert tured out to be a burnt berry thing. (Why would they put it out for customers?) "Entertainer" begged for tips in between 30 second song bites and gift shop commercials. Ruined the evening for us!

Favorite Dish: Nothing, no joke it was pitifull

• DitzyDeltaDawn's Profile Photo

Cakes 'N Cream Dessert Parlor: Sweet!

by DitzyDeltaDawn Written Jan 1, 2006

When you walk into Cakes 'N Cream, you're being sent on a journey into the past. The neon lights that adorn and a jukebox makes you feel like you should be back in the 1950s. The waitresses wear poodle skirts to add to the feeling of being thrown back to another era. It's a fun atmosphere and very family friendly.

More importantly, Cakes 'N Cream has fabulous desserts. Massive sundaes, funnel cakes, cheesecakes, chocolate cake...well, you get the picture. Everything I've eaten there -- and that's been a lot since I've been going to Branson for over 12 years now -- has been absolutely delicious!

Favorite Dish: I honestly don't have a favorite. Everything I've eaten there has been terrific.

• spikerchick17's Profile Photo

The Plantation Restaurant: Great Food to Fill You Up

by spikerchick17 Written Jul 22, 2004

They have a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so no matter what time you come, they'll always have alot of food out.
    Their buffet is very long and you have plenty to choose from. You may order from the menu, but who wants to do that when you have all of it in front of you?

Favorite Dish: Their fresh fruit is very good, but their mashed potatoes are excellent. Try to get up early for the breakfast buffet, because it's the best in town.

• Festivals

Instant Answers: Branson

Comments

Branson Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Branson restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Branson sightseeing.