Clayton Travel Guide

by dzni

Clayton Things to Do

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

by LauraWest Updated Aug 26, 2007

Established & respected Washington University has had an art museum for many years. In October, they opened a new one, the Kemper Art Museum, to replace the old one. Finally, I visited yesterday. I am sure I will return many times; it is a very good space. Open & light, with a series of large & small rooms on the first floor for the changing exhibits. The second floor holds the permanent collection ( must return to see that!), and there's more here, too.

Entrance is free, which is great. But we St. Louisans are spoiled by free museums! We don't have to pay to enter many of our museums. Yes, another reason to visit us!

The only thing I didn't like is they have a place you must put your backpacks, but it isn't locked or guarded. If this concerns you, leave your pack, or large bag, someplace else before you arrive?

• Museum Visits

Satisfaction: Terrible

Good for: Solo

Clayton Restaurants

• by dzni Written Oct 5, 2002

This was my first taste of Quizno's, and I was thouroughly impressed, as we do not have one in Louisville. Yes, it's just a regular old, expensive fast-food joint, but it really does taste pretty good!

Favorite Dish: Classic Italian

• by dzni Written Oct 5, 2002

Pretty good restaurant that serves woodoven-baked pizzas. Actually, the chicken pizza I had was excellent, and I wouldn't hesitate to return. Restaurant is definitely casual, and orders are placed at the front, from which point you receive full service.

Favorite Dish: Pollo e Pumante - basically a chicken pizza, but very good

• Clayton Hotels

1 Hotels in Clayton

Instant Answers: Clayton

Comments

Clayton Travel Guide
Map of Clayton