Kansas City People, Kansas City

by asturnut
  • basstbn's Profile Photo

Live music - free

by basstbn Updated Dec 17, 2004

One of the many places where you might hear live music in the metro area is in the entry way and food court of the Crown Center Shops. It may be a barber shop quartet, an elementary school choir, or it may be some of KC's professional jazz musicians. You never know who you might hear performing, there might be some old guy who played here with Charlie Parker, Count Basie, Bennie Moten, etc.

• Music

• asturnut's Profile Photo

People are so nice!

by asturnut Written Jun 7, 2003
    Cousin Jay and Uncle Gary- 2 nice guys

This may seem bizarre to you but...
    I come from the east coast where people are generally rude and always in too much of a hurry to even hold the door for you. So I always enjoy the slower pace of things in the midwest and am tickled by how polite everyone is. Well, my fondest memory of Kansas City (or at least one of them) was my first trip to the grocery store. When it came time to check out- the bagger carried my groceries to the car!. I was positively floored!!! We don't even have baggers at my grocery store in NJ. So you can imagine my suprise that a store would bother to supply someone just for this purpose. (I guess you would have to be from Jersey to appreciate how positively astounding this is!)

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Everyone Goes to Country Club Plaza

by AlbuqRay Written Mar 13, 2005
    Limo and Monks

Where else can you see monks walking to window shop in the Plaza or someone taking a limo there? By the way, the monks did not get out of the limousine. They were just walking by.

• Luxury Travel