Know about this? Rate It!
A Touching Monument to Sacrifice
It is strange that this is one of the busiest places in K.C., yet people never stop here.
This unassuming monument contains the names of all the local war dead for the Great War. If they only knew what would come in just 20 years.
I have met very few from Kansas City who know Ward Parkway is dedicated to the local veterans killed in Europe.
Each person killed is listed on the monument. It is sobering to see how thousands of people rush past a list that represents so much pain and loss, never taking notice. It makes me think of their families after the war. Were they here when the monument was dedicated.
It is best to visit early in the morning when the traffic is sparse.
Located at Meyer circle on the south side.
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
- Road Trip
Writer's Place is where Kansas City's writers and poets gather to learn, to read, to listen and to write. It is located in an old house in the Valentine neighborhood, about halfway between Westport and Penn Valley Community College.
Writer's Place offers readings, an art gallery, and resources for writers.
- Arts and Culture
- Castles and Palaces
Kansas City's Shameful Attraction
Would you believe that this shameful pile of bricks was at one time Walt Disney's Laugh-O-Gram Studios? This is where Disney got into the cartooning business, and an office mouse named Mortimer would one day become Mickey Mouse. And the city of Kansas City, Missouri, can't get its act together to save this place from falling down!! And those idiots who are running Disney Studios now don't even care. Shame!! What a treasure is about to be lost. It's located at 31st Street and Tracy in mid-town KC.
- Family Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Kansas City Travel Guide
Explore the World
- El Matador State Beach Hotels
- Nadi Hotels
- Dominican Republic
- Lindcove Hotels
- Airlie Beach
- Cologne Hotels
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path