Seafood, Kansas City

McCormick & Schmick's
    Seth Helped Me Order
    Crab and Shrimp Cakes
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Seafood: Fresh Seafood in Missouri? Show Me. No Problem!

by AlbuqRay Updated Jan 20, 2007
    McCormick & Schmick's

Kansas City is known for its steaks and BBQ but we decided we were in the mood for seafood. McCormick & Schmick's was our choice. It is a national chain established in the early 1970's by Bill McCormick and Doug Schmick and now has over 50 restaurants throughout the USA.

But how can there be fresh seafood in the middle of the country? Easy, fly it in twice a day. The menu changes every day at M&S's depending on what they get. There is a "Fresh List." The list when we were there had 25 items, including seafood from Massachusetts, Maine, Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, British Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Australia!

Not only was the food good, the service was friendly and efficient. There was an extensive wine list. It is easier to park in the back (north side) than to park and walk up two long flights of stairs on the Country Club Plaza side.

Favorite Dish: With Seth's help, I chose the Barramundi for my entree ($23.80). It was a fish from Australia and new on the menu that day. It was delicious with roasted artichoke hash, crispy parsnips and chive oil. My only complaint was that the parsnips were pretty sparse; I love them! Wish I had the recipe for that artichoke hash. It would be good with many things. We did try the Dungeness Crab and Bay Shrimp Cakes for an appetizer ($11.95). They were good but not in the class of the crab cakes at McGregor's in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

• Mette-DK's Profile Photo

The Bristol: Great, fresh seafood designed by my man

by Mette-DK Written Feb 11, 2006

If you are out shopping in the Town Center....which has some good shops for clothing and other things, or if you are just in the mood for a fine meal with great service, go the The Bristol in Leawood. Michael works for this company and we like to go here from time to time and enjoy a great dinner. Brunch is also offered on Sundays, and it is not to be missed.

Favorite Dish: Even though I would say the Char Crusted tuna with yukon gold potatoes, asparagus, and sauce Foyot is my favorite, you can see here that I have a special affection for the carrot cake, a longtime favorite of mine.

• LTKC's Profile Photo

McCormick's: Good Seafood on the Plaza

by LTKC Written Feb 1, 2004
    McCormick's

Good place to eat and have a view of the Plaza. Try the Happy hour on Friday when entre is about 1.50 to 2.00 each. Go there with a few friends and have a ball.

Instant Answers: Kansas City