Sports Bar, Kansas City

Buffalo Wild Wings logo
    by aphrodyte
  • aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Buffalo Wild Wings: My new favorite sports bar!

by aphrodyte Written Jun 28, 2003

Buffalo Wild Wings logo

I thought I would never live to see the day where I would enjoy myself at a sports bar, eating finger foods, and loving it. I honestly go to sports bars because of my fiance and his buddies. (They find the best places for cheap wells.)

They have their signature wings and legs in an assortment of flavors, burgers, salads, texmex options and potato options just to name a few of what they offer. The dessert menu has 2 items, oreo brownie and chocolate eclair. The brownie is nicely warmed up right before it gets to your table. They serve bar drinks and free refills on the water and soda. Each day has a special food item and/or beer item for a really good price.

The places are very kid friendly and my daughter gets a kick out of the table pager/buzzer that lets us know that our food is ready and on its way to the table.

We have a few locations in the Kansas City area. We have been to 2 of them quite often. Both locations are clean and friendly. Occasionally you get a group that has imbibed way too much, but no trouble.

With the popularity of American Idol and whatnot, some locations have Thursday karaoke night --- depending on your participation level, karaoke night might NOT be a good time to visit.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is 6 or 12 piece Teriyaki Wings or the legs on 50 cent legs night. Batter dipped onion rings with a special order of ranch sauce, with a warm oreo brownie for dessert.

My daughter's fave is the corndog kids meal that comes with mini corndogs, smiling potato faces, a pickle spear and drink. She too likes the oreo brownie.

My fiance likes the 12 piece jerk flavored wings and sometimes the spicy barbeque wings.

Instant Answers: Kansas City