TexMex & Southwestern, Kansas City

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 6 Reviews

There is a full bar
  • The Dining area upstairs is bright and cheerful
    The Dining area upstairs is bright and...
  • Barbara surveys the bill of fare at El Patron
    Barbara surveys the bill of fare at El...
  • Manny's Mexican Restaurant: Mexican Food

by HJ_ Written Aug 6, 2004

Manny's is a westside legend. Its so well like that when there was a fire that destroyed this place, diners helped rebuild it. It serves mexican food and plays live music at times. The food is great and atmosphere is great.

Favorite Dish: Bambas, Bamas Bambas can I say more.

• Ponak's Mexican Kitchen: Mexican Food

by HJ_ Written Aug 6, 2004

This is a great atmosphere and the food rocks. good prices and food and dont forget to order a margarita.

Favorite Dish: Margaritas!!! They serve them by the pitcher and in my opinion they have the best margaritas around.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Baja 600: Hot restaurant!

by basstbn Written Jun 21, 2004

Photo from KC Restaurant Guide

Yes, this is a hot restaurant in KC, and has been for several years. It is located on the Country Club Plaza, and seems to be especially popular with a young (compared to me) crowd. Huge outdoor patio is the place to be seen.

Favorite Dish: Chicken enchiladas with a tasty (and spicy) mole sauce, served with black beans and slaw. I especially was pleased with the salsa with chips served as an appetizer, it was thick enough it didn't fall off the chip.

• kucha's Profile Photo

TexMex & Southwestern: Ponak's

by kucha Written Oct 18, 2005

This restaurant is casual, noisy and fun. Get there early to avoid the inevitable crowds, or just enjoy the commotion while drinking the best margaritas in the city!

Favorite Dish: Plain old cheese and onion enchiladas with red sauce -- excellent!!!!!!!! The refried beans are also the best in town.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Near Country Club Plaza we...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Near Country Club Plaza we have found several places we enjoy eating at. In the photo is Coyote Canyon where I had a great steak seasoned with chili powder. At Tom Fooleries we like the big sandwiches.

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

El Parton: Mexican Like I grew Up On

by RoscoeGregg Written Sep 24, 2011
    Some Chips and Salsa at El Patron

located in a classic Kansas City turn of the century building down on the “Boulevard” at the north end of the Hispanic district is El Patron. It is a very inviting restaurant offering what for me is about the best Mexican food in town.

The staff is well trained and attentive and it is clean.

The food is fresh and well prepared. I find the taste to be much like what I grew up eating in Texas.

There is seating downstairs around the bar area and also up stairs as well as on the upper balcony.

Favorite Dish: I have yet to have a bad dish here. I do like their beans and the carne asada is very much to my liking.

The salsa is also quite nice.

They have a very reasonable lunch menu and the service is on the job so it makes a great lunch stop

Instant Answers: Kansas City