Kirksville Restaurants

A section of Ilspazio
    by LauraWest

Most Recent Restaurants in Kirksville

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Washington Ave. Java House: Coffee House that's "just right"

by LauraWest Written Nov 6, 2007

This place is so hip and unpretentious, so very comfortable, with its colors, furnishings and casualness. You order at the counter. Menu choices are neatly framed on the wall. Latest baked goodies are right in front of you. Yum! There are soups, sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, etc.; all are reasonably priced. Try this place, when you are in the area!!

I wish I wasn't shy about taking photos in this small place. I did take one of the unique wallpaper in their bathroom. I may add that photo later...what you think?

Favorite Dish: The House coffee blend was totally excellent, just the way I like it... flavorful, not bitter, and just the right strength. It was $1.19, for a big mug, including tax. I had a scone, that was rustically homemade looking and tasted just perfect. And I am very picky about scones, having first tried them at a small bakery in gourmet Berkeley, California. Which should explain my rigid tastes in sconces!

• Study Abroad

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Il Spazio: Tops of Downtown Choices, My Guess

by LauraWest Updated Nov 6, 2007
    A section of Ilspazio

This corner establishment is very new on the scene, more of a restaurant than a brew pub. In fact, I didn't know they made their own beer until I visited the web site, at home later! When I asked about the beers on draft, my friendly waiter "sold" me on trying O'Fallon Gold. I don't recall him mentioning their own label. I don't want to get him in trouble though! Nathan is the guy in the green striped shirt, a student. O'fallon was very good. don't think I'd had one before...and the food was very good, too. The menu is full of tasty items, not just typical bar food, either.

There's a fireplace on the middle on one wall with couch and big comfy, chairs. A young woman was drinking the Sunday mimosa special ($3), while going over some printed papers, comfortable on the couch. Looked like her college work. But this is not your typical college bar (yes, there are two universities in Kirksville). It is more of a college professor place, in my opinion. And yes, it was obvious to my astuteness that several employees of Truman U. were there. One recommended the Broccoli Crunch side dish to me. Glad I ordered it; was surprisingly good.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the unique Broccoli Crunch and a wrap sandwich. There were several other items for someone who doesn't eat meat to try. Of course, if you eat meats, you'd have many things to chose from & probably a hard time deciding! Yes, the menu is great! See the web site for the lunch and dinner menus. The service was excellent, too.

There's free parking on the street and a big lot in back. Dress is casual and they are open on Sundays. Many small towns don't have much to dine in on Sundays, in the Midwest & other rural locations in the USA. Prices were similar to St. Louis prices, or a bit less, in most places. My lunch with a large glass of draft beer was about $10.

• Beer Tasting

• reon80's Profile Photo

Il Spazio: Yummy Yummy Chicken Salad

by reon80 Updated Apr 25, 2007

This is a relatively new restaurant in Kirksville (compared to say, Pancake City, which has been there since the beginning of time), and I think it's a really fun place to eat. Nice atmosphere, good food, and, if you sit in the bar section, you can play games and sit by the fire! It's really fun! Bit expensive for students, so have the family take you out there when they come to visit you:)

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Salad Croissant is AMAZING, the broccoli crunch and pub chips rock, and the "Skinz" pizza is awesome. The Skinz pizza is just a GIANT (12") potato skin. wow.

• wiserfrog's Profile Photo

Pagalia's Pizza: Paglia's Pizza

by wiserfrog Written Dec 9, 2003

A nice pizza place off the square, Paglia's is a fun place to eat with friends.

Favorite Dish: The Ronza's are excellent!! like stuffed, rolled pizzas... very very good.
    And In my day they had baby ronza specials on fridays for only $.1.

• wiserfrog's Profile Photo

Pancake City: Pancake City

by wiserfrog Written Dec 7, 2003

One of the only all night restaurants in Kirksville, Pancake city is full of students desperately craming for a test... local residents hanging out.. a must-do for the whole Kirksville experience.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Sticks and Grub Fries...

• reon80's Profile Photo

Pancake City: The 24-hour student classic!

by reon80 Written Nov 27, 2003

Every college student goes to Pancake City at least a few times in their student careers--to study or eat after a night out getting plastered, whatever. It's not really a great place to eat, but since it's open all night, its the ONLY place to eat;) Make sure to visit, it's the only way to get the whole Kirksville experience:)
    My favorite Pancake City memory was when I ran into the back of the brick building with my car....no one got mad, they said it happens all the time!

Instant Answers: Kirksville

Comments

Kirksville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kirksville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kirksville sightseeing.