Places to eat in Missouri

• The mac n cheese, crayola cup, and placemats
    The mac n cheese, crayola cup, and...
    Working on our placemats
    by ArenJo
    My son drinking from his new crayon cup

Most Viewed Restaurants in Missouri

Crayola Cafe in Kansas City: Crayola Cafe in Kansas City - delicious and fun

by ArenJo Written Feb 27, 2014

My 5 year old son enjoyed coloring with me (we each had a placemat to color and he decided to keep both). He also enjoyed drinking out of a cup shaped as a crayon (he laughed about it).
    I LOVED the adult "big kid" macaroni and cheese. OMG...I wish I could eat that all the time. My son's chicken tenders were also delicious, he ate even though he originally said he wasn't hungry.
    The prices were also pretty good. My huge bowl of mac n cheese was $9.99. My son's dish was around $5 with a side of cinnamon apple fries (pass on these, cold cinnamon apples don't taste good) and a Crayola crayon cup that he got to take home with him. I would eat here again even without my son!

Favorite Dish: The big kid mac n cheese

The mac n cheese, crayola cup, and placemats Working on our placemats My son drinking from his new crayon cup

• ArenJo's Profile Photo

Fritz's Railroad Restaurant in Kansas City: Fritz's Railroad Restaurant in Kansas City

by ArenJo Written Feb 27, 2014

My 5 year old son LOVED the trains. However, this is easily one of the worst meals any of us had. My brownie sundae had only a couple little chunks of brownie. My grilled cheese sandwich was flat and stale. My dad's hamburger was cold when it got to the table. My son's chicken nuggets were burnt. And somehow our meal was almost $40 for 3 adults and 1 child. I would rate the food 0 on a scale of 1-5.

Favorite Dish: NOTHING.

My son and dad trading hats. Entrance Train at the entrance My son wearing his conductor hat
    • Trains

Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City: Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City

by ArenJo Written Feb 27, 2014

This place has gotten a lot of awards. Long line, but once you order your food you get it almost immediately then you can either find a seat or go for take out. Parking was a little difficult, but not too bad. The food was good (with the exception of the hot dog my son had). The chicken was especially good. Good prices too.

Favorite Dish: The barbeque chicken

The line outside (which continues inside)

• rkearns's Profile Photo

cafe brasil: affordable brazilian food

by rkearns Updated Apr 4, 2011

this used to be a little hole in the wall with about 6 tables. now, it has expanded into a large restaurant with a full buffet. i think i liked its smaller family-style feel, but kudos to the owners for being successful. the best thing about this place is that it's actually run by brazilians. you don't have to wonder if the cook knows how to prepare feijoada, brazil's national dish of black bean stew with all kinds of different pork and beef parts. this stew takes about 3 days to make when done correctly, and the proof is in the puddin'. they're also all-star makers and shakers of the caipirinha, brazil's national drink which consists of cachaca (a white rum), lime juice and sugar. this sweet and strong kick will have you up and dancing to the beat of the samba that wakes up the night.
    the entire staff is remarkably friendly and upbeat. cafe brasil will soon be your favorite local spot.

Favorite Dish: feijoada, fish stew with coconut milk

• moe49's Profile Photo

Jack Stack Barbecue: Worlds Best BBQ Beans

by moe49 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Being that Kansas City is the world capital for BBQ most locals will have a favorite. I do not. Many BBQ joints share a special place in my heart. Jack Stack is one place

Favorite Dish: The BBQ baked beans can't be beat. I can't describe it without drooling.

• suzanka46's Profile Photo

Tall Timbers: Lumberjack cooking

by suzanka46 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is an outside show and dinner featuring lumberjacks from USA and Canada.They served steak and chicken that was cooked over an outdoor grill.-very casual sitting on benches while watghing the guys climb poles and saw logs in competion.It was fun!These lumberjacks are profesionalsthat compete across America.

Favorite Dish: The barbequed chicken was mouth watering -I usually do not like coleslaw but there's was goo-oo-od.Bring sunglasses as as the sun is setting it gets difficult to see.

Log-Rolling

• acommon1's Profile Photo

IMO's: Awesome Classic Thin Crust!!! Love the Cheese!

by acommon1 Updated Nov 28, 2010

You must check out this St. Louis Area classic. Dine in? Delivery? It is your option. For the Thin Crust lovers, this is the place. IMO's gives us New York City Pizza lovers another choice on the other side of the Mississippi.

Every time that I return to St. Louis ... IMO"s is a must. Crazy! Regardless the time of day, I make certain that I have one pizza ordered and eaten before I depart.

If you have a frig in your hotel, this pizza even retains it's flavor when cold. Now, I like some cold pizza. This takes the cake.

Try extra cheese.

Being a Midwest establishment, they do a great job of stacking up the extra toppings if you choose. The pizza is great even without all the extras.

Acommon1 journey for delicious moments!!!

Favorite Dish: Pizza! Need I say more?

• Business Travel

• rkearns's Profile Photo

tiffany's diner: best hangover cure

by rkearns Written Oct 4, 2008

in this long narrow diner where stools line the counter, cheap, greasy, big plates of corned beef hash, eggs, toast, biscuits, gravy and cheese are all layered and smothering each other on your hot overloaded plate..mmmm!!!! the old lady who owns the store is grouchy and wonderful. her kids help with the orders that arrive just in time to kick that hangover's ass. this place runs like a well oiled machine. great good old local american food, a legacy already achieved. and it's cheap cheap cheap! smoking allowed inside.

Favorite Dish: eggs with toast and bacon and hashbrowns, gravy poured all over the top...fat free of course.

• rkearns's Profile Photo

barcelona tapas bar: sangria and tapas

by rkearns Written Oct 4, 2008

this place is great because it serves one of the best sangrias in st. louis. the food is amazing, and the outdoor seating, both in front and in the rear, is lively and charming. there's often live music (good spanish and latin music) and it's always busy, which is a good indicator of its success.

• rkearns's Profile Photo

the gumbo shop: best gumbo

by rkearns Written Oct 4, 2008

delicious authentic gumbo in the unassuming hole in the wall. a little sticky on the inside, but that's what i expected going into this local favorite. being from california, i had never eaten "real" gumbo, but according to my more seasoned gumb-eating friend, it was pretty right on.

• rkearns's Profile Photo

monarch: beautiful atmosphere, pretty food

by rkearns Written Oct 4, 2008

monarch is an upper-scale (ish) restaurant with excellent food and a sophisticated ambiance. it's a little snooty, but the wine menu and dining room menu make up for it.
    i like it because although the atmosphere is beautifully crafted with art, faux finished walls and contemporary soft lighting, you can still make some noise, dance, or sit at a booth with friends and drink and smoke.

Favorite Dish: pistachio encrusted pork chops

• rkearns's Profile Photo

the best affordable steak and shrimp in the city!

by rkearns Written Oct 4, 2008

oh my god, where do i begin? carmine's is a great family joint with more "upscale" seating upstairs. the lower floor has sports on tv, and a main bar so you will be entertained while you wait for your table. the upstairs area has booths and smaller tables (great for a date) where you will begin your salivation as you flip through the menu. can't decide what you want? let me make it simple. BEER BATTERED PRAWNS! let me belabor this point. shrimp with a dipping remoulade and cocktail sauce will only wet your appetite for more food. at this point, you get one of the best cuts of steak they serve. this will not be a cheap night out, but it's sooooooooo worth it!

Favorite Dish: beer battered prawns with remoulade and cocktail sauce

• rkearns's Profile Photo

boogaloo: eat and drink on a swing!

by rkearns Written Oct 4, 2008

boogaloo is centrally located in the neighborhood of maplewood. it's a cuban/creole restaurant with a full bar, a smoking and non-smoking section (that may have changed since i visited) and swings! the swings are suspended from the ceiling around the bar. the ambiance is dimly lit, sophisticated yet casual and fun, and the food is absolutely divine...there is so much to choose from between the dinner, tapa, and sides menu.

• Ozarkdrifter's Profile Photo

Winfields: An oasis in the Ozarks

by Ozarkdrifter Written Oct 31, 2006

I travel a lot in the less populated parts of the Ozarks and finding a good place to eat can be a bit dicey. A recent find is Winfields in Eminence, Missouri. A restored fountain and emporium that dates from the 1920's Winfields has both atmosphere and good food.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Saint Louis style pizza but the traditional homstyle cooking is good as well.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Talayna's: Italian Restaurant in St. Charles, Missouri

by deecat Updated Nov 1, 2005

While staying overnight in St. Charles, Missouri, Allan and I walked both sides of the mile-long Main Street. While walking, we kept an eye open for a place to eat. We saw two couples coming out of a restaurant and ask them about the food. They raved about it, so we gave it a try.

I would not "rave" about the food [at least the pizza and salad] at Talayna's World Class Pizza.

The interesting thing about Talayna's is that they offer three kinds of pizza: Talayna's [thin crust, square cut, blend of five cheese's], New York Style PIzza [semi-thick dough, pie cut with all mozzarella cheese], Chicago Deep Pan Pizza [Thick Pan dough topped with chunky tomatoes, and all mozzarella cheese].

Since we could not take any pizza home with us at this time, we chose the St. Louis Style.
    We also ordered a Combination Salad [Provel Cheese, Tomato, Homemade Croutons, Pepperoncini, Greek & Italian Olives]. We shared the salad.

Also on the menu: appetizers such as cheese garlic bread, chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, french fries with cheese, and potato skins; Salads such as Talayna's Salad with Salami, Ham, Provel Cheese, Hard-Boiled Egg, Tomato, Homemade Croutons, Pepperconicini, Greek & Italian Olives; Caesar Salad; Walnut & Gorgonzola; or a Side Salad., Calzones stuffed with cheeses, green peppers and onions and served with red sauce on the side...either Italian Sausage or Meatball, Sandwiches such as Sirloin Burgers, Italian Sausage Parmigiano, Grilled Chicken Breast, Battered Cod Fillet, Italian Meat Bal, Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef, or a Sub, Italian Specialities such as Chicken Parmigiano, Lasagne, Cannelloni, Manicotti, Spaghetti, Baked Mostaccioli, Fettuccini Alfredo, Pasta con Broccoli, Tortellini, and Ravioli.

Favorite Dish: Although we were disappointed in our meal, it was not horrid. I'm sure if we had ordered the Chicago Style Pizza, we would have been satisfied.

One "cool" thing about the place was that we were seated by an Italian Fountain that made for a nice backdrop and background noise!

Allan eating pizza at Talayna's in St. Charles, Mi

Eureka Hotels
Kimberling City Hotels
3 Reviews - 11 Photos

Instant Answers: Missouri

Comments

Missouri Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Missouri restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Missouri sightseeing.
Map of Missouri