Saint Charles Shopping

TheFlower Petaler
    Crafty Ladies, Marta and Cheri

Best Rated Shopping in Saint Charles

• deecat's Profile Photo

Patches Quilt & Button Shoppe: Voted "One of Ten Best Quilt Shops"

by deecat Updated May 3, 2004

Jill at Patches Quilt & Button Shoppe

Better Homes and Gardens Voted Patches... one of the best ten quilt shops in the USA.

Jill is a quilter, so she was quite interested in any shop that we discovered that carried quilts or materials for quilts. Here is what she had to say about Patches Quilt & Button Shoppe:
    "Saint Charles' quilt shop, Patches , is well-stocked with a variety of fabrics, including reproductions, and many fabrics are available as pre-cut quarter yards. They carry documentary fabrics such as Civil War and Lewis & Clark toiles that I have never seen before. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
    I was too busy with the fabric to notice, but their ads indicate that there is also a button shop and a craft and needlework shop affiliated with the quilt shop. The ads also state that the shop is listed as one of the "Ten Best Quilt Shops.""

They also have new and antique quilts, quilting Supplies, Quilt appraisals and Classes.

What to buy: Jill purchased some of the Civil War and Lewis & Clark toiles for quilts that she is making. She also purchased more materials for different quilts.

What to pay: Price depends on what you buy and how much, but quilting is an expensive hobby; Jill's purchase of about 20 pre-cut quarter yards cost over $50.00.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Crafty Ladies: For a Great Selection of Italian Charms Go To...

by deecat Updated May 3, 2004

Crafty Ladies, Marta and Cheri

Since I am collecting Italian charms, I was delighted when Jill and I walked into Crafty Ladies Shoppe in Saint Charles and noticed that they sold them. Not only did they sell them, Cheri and Marta also collected them and knew a great deal about them.
    Additionally, they had the LARGE charms which are difficult to find in our area.
    It was great talking to Marta and Cheri because they are so enthusiastic, friendly, and knowledgeable.
    The store sells all kinds of crafts, but I was so excited about the charms that I hardly noticed the rest of it.

What to buy: I purchased a LARGE "D" to use to attach two bracelets together. In addtion, I bought a charm for our trip to Saint Louis (a Gateway Arch) and a Chicago Cubs Logo Charm (the only one they had!) I was quite delighted.
    Jill started collecting the Italian Charms on this vacation, as a result of my enthusiasm for them. She purchased a fisherman in a boat.

What to pay: These charms range from $3.99 a piece up to $18.00 per charm.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Olde Towne Spice Shoppe: For Hard to Find Spices That Are Fresh, Go To...

by deecat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Olde Towne Spice Shoppe

What a delightful store Olde Towne Spice Shoppe is. They specialize in all kinds of spices, and the auroma permeates the establishment. We saw spices in this store that I had to ask the saleswoman what they were.
    John & Pat Urbanowicz are the shop Keepers.
    Open:
    Mon.-Sat. 10:30-4:30
    Sun. 12:00-4:00

What to buy: I Purchased regular Lemon Pepper and Lemon Pepper without Salt; sweet Basil; Greek Spices; four plastic containers to display the spices, and each had a "sprinkler top".
    In addition, they sold some candy. I purchased six pieces of homemade caramel with nuts, which, by the way, was outstanding.

What to pay: Reasonably price. The most I paid for a pint container of Lemon Pepper was $2.00+

• deecat's Profile Photo

The Flower Petaler: If You Are Looking For Quality Items, Check out...

by deecat Written May 3, 2004

TheFlower Petaler

The Saturday that we visited Saint Charles, there was a misty rain falling, and Jill and I were in our "trusty raingear". We arrived too early, and many of the stores had not opened yet. However, when we walked by THE FLOWER PETALER, we noticed that it was open and quite crowded. Once we stepped inside the store, we knew it was filled with quality items. It's a huge place with more than ten individual rooms, both upstairs and downstairs. The staff is quite busy yet still friendly, and they do not pester you or follow you around. We appreciated that fact.

What to buy: At the Flower Petaler you can purchase silk floral arrangements, fine arts, candles, Framed Limited editions, mirrors, accent furniture, brass, decorative and table top accessories.

What to pay: This is an upscale shop; therefore, you will pay a good deal for the quality items that they have.

• Luxury Travel
    • Architecture

• The Garage on Main Street: Cool Diecast Model cars, like on TV

by billalbright Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have been in this store a bunch of times. They have a ton of the 1/18 scale diecast model cars. The first two I bought were the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee and the KNight Rider Kitt car. All of their car models are very detailed and very close to the real thing only smaller. The two guys that own the shop are the nicest on Main Street. I applaud them for opening the most unique store there. You have to see them in the person to believe me. They also have movie and TV show gift and lunch boxes. Some of the things take you back to the days whene you were a kid. Words can't describe the fun atmosphere of this store.

What to buy: I buy and collect there 1/18 scale Ertl, American Muscle, and Auto Art models.

What to pay: very reasonable and comparable to mail order at $30.00 and up for the models.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Saint Charles

Comments

Saint Charles Shopping

Reviews and photos of Saint Charles shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Charles sightseeing.

View all Saint Charles hotels