Blueberry Hill, Saint Louis

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill: Chuck Berry still has it

by cckbp7 Updated Feb 13, 2008
    Chuck Berry

Once a month Chuck Berry, the guitar legend himself, performs at this small, but welcoming bar. Chuck owns the place and plays with his son (guitar) and daughter (harmonica/vocals). I caught his act in March of 2006 and was amazed how well this 80 y/o man can still play. There isn't a bad seat in the house as you are never more than 20 feet from the stage. An incredible experience which you should catch while you still can.

I believe that tickets are $20/person.

• Music

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill: Lively Place, Day & Night

by LauraWest Updated May 8, 2007

In Front of Blueberry Hill

There's no other place like this. The food & decor couldn't be duplicated. You have to see the place to believe it! Joe Edward's collection of Americana & music stuff is everywhere. Downstairs is the intimate Duck Room bar where Chuck Berry still plays once a month! Other acts rock the room just about every night.
    The bar upstairs serves great drafts, too. There's a dart board area, wooden booths & sidewalk tables are also very popular. See the ever-changing "art display" window outside, too. Very clever.

I drove past this week, on my way to mail Christmas presents at the Post Office near here, and was thrilled to see a fancy new marquee sign over the entrance. It has digital, changing words & a huge cut-out man & woman dancing above! I will have to get back soon to take a photo for my tip!

Favorite Dish: People love the hamburgers (I don't eat meat)! Actually, vegetarians don't have much to eat here, but go for the experience, the beer & the music in the Duck Room!

• ymike2000's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill: Good food on the Loop

by ymike2000 Updated Sep 28, 2004
    Blueberry Hill

At Blueberry Hill I had a delicious meal and a cold beer in a funky environment.

The atmosphere here would almost be enough to make it worth the trip. The walls are a time capsule of American pop culture with posters, t-shirts, records and games hanging from the walls. There are display cases with toys and more stuff. There's a little something there for everyone.

The music was as eclectic as the decor. I heard everything from classic blues to disco to soft rock...all songs I knew but none I had heard in a long time. Very refreshing. Apparently the Riverfront Times readers poll regularly votes Blueberry Hill as having the "best jukebox".

The service was a little pokey... I get that problem often when I dine by myself.

Favorite Dish: I had some delicious red beans & rice, and some french onion soup.

There was an ample list of beers on tap, which was nice.

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill: Find Your Thrill

by MissAntarctica2002 Written Apr 20, 2004

Blueberry Hill

Blueberry Hill is a kitsch fan or memorabilia lover's dream world. It has several rooms, all decorated with interesting oddities and memorabilia. The Elvis room wasn't open when we were there for lunch, but since there was a large group of us, they opened it up for a minute for us to take a peek.

Favorite Dish: i had a hamburger, and shared an order of toasted ravioli. The hamburger was good. I tried the ravioli becase I was told it's a St. Louis speciality. The ones we got seemed really dry and didn't quite do it for us. I suspect that you could find a better example of it elsewhere. Someone else shared some of their cheese cubes with me and they were really good. They also have Dr. Pepper in the fountain, which is nice because we don't have that anywhere at home.

• johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill: Chuck Berry's place

by johnandlynclarke Written Jan 18, 2004

Blueberry Hill is a St Louis institution. It is a rock and roll memrobilia haven for any 50's buff. The restaurant is located in the University Center section of town (one can get there by the metro). The building is large and the restaurant rambles from one room to another. The "guys" drink beer and throw darts in the back room. Everyone puts in their orders, grabs their beers, and wanders around looking at all the stuff, until the food shows up. The food is mostly hamburgers and sandwiches. The place is very casual and usually jukebox type noisy. There are tables outside in the summer.

Favorite Dish: Who cares...it is the place that rocks.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill: I found my thrill.....

by Sunshine64 Updated Mar 30, 2003

This is a great place to eat, drink, and see live music. They have lots of memorabilia, a very interesting juke box, a room with dart boards and pinball machines. The also have a big party to celebrate Elvis' birthday each year. Check out their web site for more info. It's really one of the more interesting places in St. Louis.

Favorite Dish: Cheeseburger with soft cheddar
    Great beers on tap.

• bokononist's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill in the Loop has...

by bokononist Written Aug 26, 2002

Blueberry Hill in the Loop has all kinds of authentic (not nearly as obnoxious as Hard Rock cafe) rock n' roll memoribilia to celebrate our city's great music history. Check out the Elvis Room too. Good food, awesome jukebox, great atmosphere.

Instant Answers: Saint Louis

Comments

Hotels Near Blueberry Hill
4.0 out of 5 stars