Places to eat in Saint Louis

• Aspen salad with shrimp and red wine vinegarette
    Aspen salad with shrimp and red wine...
    by travelisfab
  • Look how fun the hot chocolate is-and delicious!
    Look how fun the hot chocolate is-and...
    by travelisfab
    Steak & eggs with a side of toast. Yum.

Most Viewed Restaurants in Saint Louis

Phil's Bar B Que: The Best Bar B Que Brisket

by changeinlatitude Written Jul 6, 2011

If you are looking for some great brisket, Phil's is a must. Just a short drive out Hwy 44 to Eureka and you are there.

It's nothing fancy, but hey it's a Bar b Que joint. Good cold beer and nice selection of BBQ and many other items on the menue.

Favorite Dish: Hot & Spicy BBQ Brisket. I usually pass on the bread, but even the buns are good. Be sure to get some to go, because you'll be wanting more once you get home.

• Motorcycle

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant: Great Fresh Seafood

by changeinlatitude Updated Apr 8, 2011

Our dinner reservations were for 7:00 pm. As usual, Tony and I were early, so we decided to grab a quick cocktail in the bar. What a great atmosphere. The bar area is very nicely decorated with the very cool stained glass ceiling adorned with the St. Louis Blues, Cardinals and Rams logos that made you love the place immediately.

When the rest of our party arrived, we made our way to the dinning room. Again, a wonderful atmosphere. The dinning room is very nicely decorated in beautiful wood and soft lighting. Our waiter, Randy, was SPECTACULAR!! His knowledge of the entire menu was amazing. Very eager to recommend or to let you know if your choice was a good one or not.

I decided to have a couple of the M & S Sweet Oysters for an appatizer, and they were very tasty. Then came the entrees. Amazing. I had the Lobster Steamer that was fantastic. Tony and his sister had the Scallops and they were to die for!!

After dinner Randy treated us with a little dessert, on the house, that was very nice accomponied with our coffee and Baylies.

Just a great experience that I highly recommend and I can't wait to visit again. Oh, and don't forget the dinner rolls. YUMMY!!!

Two tips. Use the valet parking. For only $5.00, it's the only way to go. Be sure to make a reservation, especially on the weekends.

Favorite Dish: I loved the M & S Sweet Oysters and wish I had ordered more. The Scallops are a must!!

Selections From The Menu McCormick & Schmick's Website Don't Forget Happy Hour

Revival: Hidden in an Industrial Neighborhood

by Sunshine64 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Opened in 2008 in the location once inhabited by a different restaurant - King Louie's, Revival has the same layout (and I think even the same shutters on the windows - although it has been a long time). Revival is in the midst of an industrial neighborhood, and can be somewhat tricky to find, but as you can see from the picture, they have gone to great lengths on the patio to make is look like and almost tropical setting.

Besides seating on the patio, there is also an outdoor oven for making delicious wood-fired pizzas. I highly recommend the Spring Squash and Missouri Goat cheese. It was the best thing I ate at Revival - as a shared appetizer, but could be your whole meal.

Favorite Dish: Aside from the Spring Squash pizza and a special appetizers - I had one which was some wonderful concoction of plums and cheese on toast, and a couple friends had a spicy corn-on-the cob (pictured) - the rest of the food was average. And the lamb, which I had for my entre, was overcooked and fatty. I wouldn't order it again. I will go back, though - just for the pizza and the cocktails - and to try other dishes, as they clearly have the ability to make outstanding food - its' just a matter finding the right thing to order. Perhaps I'll ask the bar staff to recommend something - as they really pushed the pizza appetizer we had while waiting for the rest of our party.

Patio at Revival Spicy Corn-on-the-cob appetizer at Revival

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Meriwether's - at the MO. History Museum: Lunch in Forest Park

by yooperprof Updated Apr 4, 2011

Meriwether's (as in "Meriwether Lewis" of Lewis & Clark fame) is a good choice for a tasty lunch if you are at the Missouri History Museum - or just visiting Forest Park, for that matter. It is on the second floor of the newer "Emerson" building of the museum, and offers very nice views of the surrounding parkland. The menu offers a lot of salads, and has a distinctive international flavor: I really enjoyed my Moroccan chicken and couscous.

Meriwether's is an above-average museum restaurant. In fact, it was recently features on a travel-channel show which highlighted "outstanding museum cafes in America." It's a good idea for museums to develop good restaurants: in brings in the doors a lot of people who might not otherwise enter, and it also develops "loyalty" among regular patrons.

Meriwether's has table service from 11 until 2 dailys, and there is a self-service selection available during other hours that the museum is open.

• Museum Visits

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Jack In the Box: Homeless Hangout on Gravois

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

We had been a long time at the library and didn't see any place for lunch. Eventually, about 3, we stopped at a Jack in the Box. Bob doesn't like to eat in the car, so we went in

Favorite Dish: Bob got a hamburger and shake and I got a #3. The place turned out to be where a homeless black man was hanging out. He asked us for 99 cents to get a hamburger. Bob said he didn't have any money, but I gave him my french fries, which he ate.

Outside of the restaurant Part of the menu Burger Tray with shake and fries and burger (wrapped) Other side of the menu

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

The City Diner: Unique & Highly Recommended

by LauraWest Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant has been around for over ten years, but use to be called South City Diner & was next door to its new, much larger, location. I was sad to see the old one gone, with the funky decor and vintage furnishings. But the newer place, though slicker, retains the edge. The food, the servers and the decor attract youth, families and urban people. High chairs available. But no alcohol.

I love the record album covers and the original paintings on the walls. Very colorful conversation starters, as you try to remember which albums you know or used to have in your collection (we, who started on vinyl, show our age- who cares?). Appropriate American recorded music runs nonstop in the background, too. So does the hot coffee, ice water and new glasses of soda, if you ordered it, to begin with. Great service here; gotta love the servers;-) My photo shows part of the interior, of the non smoking area, which is the larger portion of the place. The smoking area is at the back. Same counter with old-fashion American soda fountain stools. Also, in good weather, a concrete patio is open along the side street.

I ate here two days in a row in November!

Favorite Dish: I love that you can get a hot breakfast here any time they are open, and they're open 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays. The other days of the week, they open early and stay open until 11 p.m., I think.

French Fries are only one dollar more with a sandwich purchase, and they are real good ones. The Eggplant Parmesean is very good, like homemade.

Anything on the menu is bound to be good. And the portions are large. Ask you friendly server for suggestions, if you wish. You can eat for $10 or more, depending on what you get. Breakfast pancakes, and a few other meals, will be much less then ten.

Interior

Mihalis Chop House: Great New Steak House

by Sunshine64 Updated Apr 4, 2011

It was pouring down rain when we arrived in my bright orange rental car. Suspecting that we my drink too much wine and need to take a cab home, we confirmed with the valet who shuttled us from the car to the door with an umbrella that we could leave the car overnight. He said its a common practice :)

Before dinner we had a drink in the bar - nice bar. Too bad they still allow smoking in public places in St. Louis, though. I hate smelling like smoke. But, the bar was nice and swanky without being snooty. We got a 1/2 bottle of champagne which was delivered by the Sommelier, even though we ordered from the waitress. Nice touch.

Dinner was outstanding. The fresh pita that came with the hummus was delicious, and I'm sure in no way healthy. Then I had the tomato mozzarella salad and those that didn't get it had order envy. For main course I had a filet which was delightful, and asparagus.

Two bottles of wine - one that was a special, which was good, but not good enough that I remember the name, followed by Stag's Leap Petit Syrah - one of my all time faves.

Like there was any room for desert, we shared some - a delicious exploding chocolate dish.

• Wine Tasting

• meccostaud's Profile Photo

Dressel's: Cymraeg Bwyta

by meccostaud Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is our favorite neighborhood pub up the street from our house, and we love to pop in when we're short on time to grab a quick salad or sandwich.

The existing dining room hasn't changed much in 20-some years I'm told, but we just dined here yesterday and found out that they're expanding into the recently vacated building next door. The bartender, with his long white hair and droopy mustache, has been there as long as anyone can remember. Lots of framed posters and pics of famous people line the walls.

This is the kind of local hangout that you come to for a glass of ale and good conversation. The food is good, dependable pub food. Dressel's is known for its Bavarian chips (thin slices of potato crispy fried), fish and chips, chicken pot pie, and stockpots (a different kind of hearty stew every day).

We love the flank steak chef salad, prepared the way you like, with blue cheese crumbles, pepperoncini, and big green olives.

The waitstaff is cheery and friendly, and they always remember what we like.

Great place to spend stay warm on a cold winter's night, and their new sidewalk tables are great for dining when the weather's good.

Favorite Dish: Flank steak chef! Low carbs, high taste.

• meccostaud's Profile Photo

Zoe Pan-Asian Café: Solid Pan-Asian in the CWE

by meccostaud Updated Apr 4, 2011

Situated on the busy corner of Euclid and McPherson in the CWE, this restaurant has become a long-time staple in the Central West End, mostly because of its consistently good food, fun bar, and great people watching vantage from its outdoor seating.

The interior was recently renovated and changed from a bright airy feel to a dark, more intimate feel. There are often large parties seated in the midst of couples dining, and the noise level can get quite loud on a busy night.

Service here is incredibly friendly and accomodating, and generally quite efficient.

We dine here fairly often and I am very happy with the consistently good food and service.

The menu is divided into small plates and entrees, and sharing is encouraged.

One word of warning: soy and fish sauce are used in almost every dish, so if you are on a sodium-restricted diet, I would not recommend that you eat here.

Reservations are recommended.

Favorite Dish: For the small plates, I recommend the fried calamari with nuoc mam dipping sauce, and the potstickers. I love their mixed greens with mango shavings and ginger/soy vinaigrette.

I highly recommend the grilled salmon with Asian bar-b-que sauce and Chinese mustard, accompanied by a delicious shredded cabbage mixture and chewy soba noodles.

Also, the Thai beef (with sticky rice and sauteed greens) melts in the mouth.

The noodle dishes are huge and delicious, and most people can easily make two meals from their serving.

Bellacino's: Grinders!

by Sunshine64 Updated Apr 4, 2011

It's a cross between a pizza parlor and a sub shop. They serve these wonderful "grinders", which are sandwiches - kind of like subs, but more Italian.

Favorite Dish: Chicago Steak Grinder. The small one is sufficient.

Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill - Harrahs Casino: Red Rocker Fans This is a Must

by changeinlatitude Written Mar 25, 2011

Okay all you Red Rocker Fans, when you are in town, Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill is a great place. Located in Harrah's Casino. The food and atmosphere are wonderful. They have live bands periodically and Sammy visits now and then. The great thing about this place is that Sammy donates 100% of the profits to St. Louis through The Hagar Family Foundation, a private non-profit organization that was established in 2008 through the generosity of Hagar and his family.

Favorite Dish: FLAT BREAD QUESADILLAS - Made with cheddar, monterey jack, black beans, chipotle aioli, red and green onions. Corn salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. You have the choice of adding chorizo, shrimp, chicken or kalua pork, crab, mahi mahi or salmon or even lobster.

• Music
    • Casino and Gambling

• Easty's Profile Photo

Maggie O'Brien's: Steakhouse near Union Station

by Easty Written Mar 14, 2011

Maggie O'Briens is an Irish Pub located across the street from Union Station in St. Louis. I went here as part of a big party. The staff handled a party of 60 people pretty well. The staff was well organized.

Favorite Dish: The steak (I believe I splurged and had a porterhouse) was one of the better steaks I have had at a restaurant. Had some traditional Irish potatoes and cabbage on the side.

Max & Erma's: Max & Erma has Great Burgers

by BruceDunning Written Aug 21, 2010

The menu looked very appealing for all its items. Even though it is a franchise operation, it certainly feels like a locally owned business. The burgers come in about 15 different varieties, and the salads sounded great too.

Favorite Dish: The hamburger of 1/2 pound was one of the better I have experienced in a long time. It cost $10 for the combo of burger, fries and good salad.

Inside view of the seating area Street side sign on Market St

Pappy's: Pappy's BArBeQue

by BruceDunning Updated Aug 20, 2010

The place got fame form the Man vs Food featuring the large portions recently. They make food for the day and when run out, that is it. They say they make 2,000 lbs weekday and 4,00 lbs weekends days. Full rib slab is $20, and 8 oz sandwiches are $8 without 2 sides and $11 with sides, and small is $6.38 without sides. Prices are not great given the paper plate and serve yourself style.

Favorite Dish: The pulled pork was what we had so I guess that was it-but not so great for the price. The size was 12 oz and two sides for $12.

Menu picture Menu items to read

Milo's: Milo's-A Hill Italian Pub

by BruceDunning Updated Aug 20, 2010

The food was just okay at best. It is served in a paper plate, and not all was even hot. I had the salsiccia sandwich which was good, but for $8, I have found better. Micky had a cod plate and it was grouper instead, and not that big for $10 lunch price. Beer was fine at $3.00 a pint.
    The service was simply there and the main point of the place is to serve young crowd beers in the evening out in the patio playing bocca ball

Favorite Dish: None that comes to mind

Sign on backside of building Corner view of the place Inside the bar area for lunch

Saint Louis Hotels

Drury Inn and Suites St. Louis SW
Latest: Jul 3, 2014
Wyndham Roberts Mayfair - A Historic Hotel Saint Louis

Instant Answers: Saint Louis

Comments

Saint Louis Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Saint Louis locals.
Map of Saint Louis