Places to eat in Saint Louis

• Aspen salad with shrimp and red wine vinegarette
    Aspen salad with shrimp and red wine...
    by travelisfab
  • Look how fun the hot chocolate is-and delicious!
    Look how fun the hot chocolate is-and...
    by travelisfab
    Steak & eggs with a side of toast. Yum.

Most Viewed Restaurants in Saint Louis

Max & Erma's: Max & Erma has Great Burgers

by BruceDunning Written Aug 21, 2010

The menu looked very appealing for all its items. Even though it is a franchise operation, it certainly feels like a locally owned business. The burgers come in about 15 different varieties, and the salads sounded great too.

Favorite Dish: The hamburger of 1/2 pound was one of the better I have experienced in a long time. It cost $10 for the combo of burger, fries and good salad.

Inside view of the seating area Street side sign on Market St

Pappy's: Pappy's BArBeQue

by BruceDunning Updated Aug 20, 2010

The place got fame form the Man vs Food featuring the large portions recently. They make food for the day and when run out, that is it. They say they make 2,000 lbs weekday and 4,00 lbs weekends days. Full rib slab is $20, and 8 oz sandwiches are $8 without 2 sides and $11 with sides, and small is $6.38 without sides. Prices are not great given the paper plate and serve yourself style.

Favorite Dish: The pulled pork was what we had so I guess that was it-but not so great for the price. The size was 12 oz and two sides for $12.

Menu picture Menu items to read

Milo's: Milo's-A Hill Italian Pub

by BruceDunning Updated Aug 20, 2010

The food was just okay at best. It is served in a paper plate, and not all was even hot. I had the salsiccia sandwich which was good, but for $8, I have found better. Micky had a cod plate and it was grouper instead, and not that big for $10 lunch price. Beer was fine at $3.00 a pint.
    The service was simply there and the main point of the place is to serve young crowd beers in the evening out in the patio playing bocca ball

Favorite Dish: None that comes to mind

Sign on backside of building Corner view of the place Inside the bar area for lunch

• NaughtyArty's Profile Photo

Trailhead Brewing Company: Good Brewpub Fare!

by NaughtyArty Updated Aug 13, 2010

I've been going to this place every few months since they opened 10+ years ago. The beer is good & fresh, and they always have a good seasonal brew to add to the mix.

Their food is also very good, especially the crab & artichoke dip (with fried pita bread), the BBQ Chicken Pizza, the fish & chips, and the fresh pretzels. Service is usually pretty good, but once in a while you'll get an inattentive waiter.

Trailhead is a good place for happy hours, or just sitting on the outside patios drinking.

• Beer Tasting
    • Casino and Gambling

Molly's: Good Cajun in Soulard

by BigBlueOne Written Jul 26, 2010

This place is cool for a few reasons... it has an awesome patio with a New Orleans'ish feel with a great crowd on weekends; the food is very good; it has a shuttle that runs to/from the Cardinal games.

Can't stress it enough, this is one of the better 'patio scenes' in St. Louis.

Favorite Dish: I keep getting the jambalya. I'll probably try something different at some point but for right now I'm stuck on it. Pretty good stuff...

Carmine's: Steaks Near Busch Stadium

by BigBlueOne Updated Jun 29, 2010

Overall my rating on this restaurant is so so. The ambience was pretty nice, but they had the tables sitting on top of each other. The food, for the most part, was good. But we also had some dishes that I would definitely avoid.

Favorite Dish: I had the bone in ribeye which was about a 4 out of 5. My wife had the filet and said it was one of the best she's ever had.

The ravioli is very good (this restaurant is in the same family as Lombardo's Trattoria- check out my review). But the garlic mashed potatoes were absolutely terrible.

• rckenney's Profile Photo

Cafe Osage: A Great Breakfast Spot

by rckenney Written May 21, 2010

Found this place from an Internet search, it is located at Bowood Farms an organic farm in St Louis. The food was very good and the service was exceptional.

Favorite Dish: I had a smoked salmon plate which was heavenly!

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Lombardo's Trattoria: Good Italian Near Union Station & Scott Trade Cen.

by BigBlueOne Written May 16, 2010

This restaurant is located in the basement of Drury Inn near Scott Trade Center and Union Station. The decor could use some updating but its not that dated yet. Overall, good ambience but nothing to write home about.

Favorite Dish: I had the veal saltimboca which was very good but a little tough. My wife had the cappellini anthony and she described it as a wonderful sauce and the chicken was done just right.

The toasted ravioli, which I'm not normally a big fan of, was awesome. It was more like a meatball with breading than any ravioli I've ever had. If you only have the toasted ravioli at one spot in St. Louis make it this one.

• Theater Travel

Mango: Peruvian Cuisine in the Gateway City

by BigBlueOne Written May 11, 2010

My wife and I went to Mango because we've never tried Peruvian food before and we happened across their doorstep around lunch time. The ambience was your basic set up for an mid to up scale restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We tried the Tamalito Verde, which was like a tamale without the shell (very good); the beef anticuchos (awesome flavor on the steak); and the pollo parilla (a little bland).

If you're looking for a Peruvian restaurant I would highly recommend.

Lorenzo's Trattoria: Lorenzo's on the Hill

by BigBlueOne Written May 9, 2010

I've made it my mission to try as many restaurants on 'The Hill' as I can possibly get to. The first that I bring to you is Lorenzo's Trattoria. We chose this one because I have a physician colleague that has a little weekend getaway right next to this place and he highly recommended it as great food without having to wear a tie. Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood for a tie that night.

It was raining the night we were there but they had outdoor sidewalk seating. I definitely intend to come back to the area, if not Lorenzo's, on the weekend, grab a bottle of wine, and watch the people walking around.

So... the ambience was fairly laid back, but the food was not lacking whatsoever. Nice surroundings but nothing spectacular (or underwhelming). Like anywhere in 'The Hill' district, come early as you'll have to beg, borrow, and steal to get a parking spot.

Favorite Dish: I had the Ossobuco and (as its supposed to be) it was the most tender, falling off the bone, piece of meat ever. Supposedly the house special and it was worth every penny.

• Wine Tasting

Brasserie by Niche: Good French, Good Service

by BigBlueOne Written Apr 28, 2010

Went here with my wife and some of the people I work with and couldn't have been happier. The ambience is fairly laid back but the food is of great quality and very tasty.

Favorite Dish: I had the trout which was prepared as well as any fish I've ever eaten. We also had the brie- excellent; and a desert that I can't remember the name of (pastry stuffed with ice cream??? don't know what its called but its gooooood).

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Mama Campiasi's: Don't Skip the Italians on the Hill

by AKtravelers Written Sep 15, 2009

Definitely make time to eat at one of the many great Italian Restaurants in St. Louis' famous Hill Section, known not only as the home of great pasta but the birthplace of Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra and renown baseball announcer (and Cardinals' catcher) Joe Garagiola. We had very little extra time in St. Louis, but made sure we squeezed in lunch at Mam Campiase's, a little corner restaurant that was chose because it met our primary criteria being that we were late for a wedding -- it was open. Open and delicious! normally, we wouldn't have minded if the service was slow, as we could have lingered over a flavorful antipasta or any of our wonderful tomato sauce drenched entrees while listening to a tour group get serenaded by a neighborhood Italian tenor (E gumbari/ Cimo sonare/ como si sono, une friscolette/...). But, unfortunately we had to rush, which left me hurrying out the door with hopes of returning to the Hill some day soon.

Janet speeds off the Hill with a full belly!

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Bar Italia: Dine Al Fresco in the Central West End

by AKtravelers Updated Sep 12, 2009

Bar Italia is one of the more interesting places that we dined during our recent trip to St. Louis. We had a beautifully breezy and temperate St. Louis summer night -- a rarity, for sure! -- so we chose to eat on the patio of this innovative Italian restaurants owned by Ethiopian Americans. Their take on Italian cuisine teases the palate and the imagination, and there were several dishes I would have loved to try. In the end, I ordered the delectable chicken cooked using a medieval Venetian recipe while Janet and Tia chose the renowned tortellini. The wine list was excellent and the service wonderful, and a trip through the inside (empty that lovely evening) revealed an interesting decor.

Tia and Janet enjoy Bar Italia
    • Wine Tasting

• rexyracer's Profile Photo

Amagetti's & Cunetto's: Don't miss "The Hill" when eating in St. Louis

by rexyracer Updated Sep 5, 2009

You will not find better Italian food (I travel a lot, thus know), than you will find on "The Hill" in St. Louis. It is a South St. Louis neighborhood, mainly Italian immigrants. If you want exact directions ask any local.

Took an out of town client to Cunetto's on a Tuesday evening thinking it wouldn't be that crowded and was WRONG. Over an hour wait. Why? The food is the BEST!!! If you are not into waiting check out any number of fine Italian establishments in that area.

If you are downtown and not into the 10 minute drive to "The Hill" and money is no object go to Tony's. The only 5 star Italian restuarant in the country. Serve & Food is the BEST!!!

Favorite Dish: The Special or pasta at Amegetti's and anything @ Cunetto's

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

The Old Spaghetti Factory: Inexpensive and Unique Italian

by TravellerMel Updated Aug 31, 2009

I love the Old Spaghetti Factory (even though it's a chain) - I love that they utilize historic buildings to house the restaurant. I love the "boudoir" chandeliers, and the streetcar dining section. I'm not sure what this building was originally, but the restaurant now resides on the lower level - you access it by way of the gorgeous wood staircase. For lunch on a Saturday, I walked right in with no wait at all. My waitress was lovely - as I was dining alone, she checked back often to make sure my iced tea was full and to ask if I wanted more bread. And the prices are great - a complete meal with salad, entree, hot fresh bread, spumoni ice cream, and iced tea came to $14, INCLUDING TIP!!

Favorite Dish: I always get the mizithra cheese in some form - this time I got the Potpourri, which is pasta with the restaurant's four most popular sauces - mizithra cheese, clam, marinara, and meat sauce. Yummy!

Logoed Window Entryway The Bar at the entrance (main bar is downstairs) Yummy!  My Potpourri and Bread

Saint Louis Hotels

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hilton St. Louis At The Ballpark
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Saint Louis

Comments

Saint Louis Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Saint Louis locals.
Map of Saint Louis