Riverboat Gambling, Saint Louis

Several Casinos to choose from, in St. Louis , MO 63102 (314) 622-4800

View of Queens on Illinois side of river
  • Riverboat Gambling
    by BruceDunning
    View of the boat from shore
  • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Gambling on a boat along Mississippi River

by SLLiew Updated Jan 31, 2007

Previously when we were there, there was a regular schedule to embark on the Casino Queen boat. Once the boat leaves the shore, the gambling on cards, tables, rouelettes and slots can legally start. The boat will cruise down the river and back within 2 hours. So we enjoyed the riverside night view.

But now, casino boats can be docked for gambling. And so the Casino Queen is permanent docked and you can enter or leave anytime. There are many other riverboat casinos and have free shuttle to pick up from major hotels. Just call their toll free numbers.

Casino Queen was our favorite because it is on the other side of Mississippi river bank in East St. Louis and so had the best view of the Gateway Arch and city skyline of St. Louis.

Riverboat casino from above the Gateway Arch

• solopes's Profile Photo

Mississipi

by solopes Updated Oct 30, 2014

A cultural reference to most people in the entire world, this mythic river showed me the emptiness of downtown. Two closed boat (during the day), one in each side, were transformed in casinos, waiting for the nightly visitors.

I crossed the bridge (which allows me to tell my friends that I travelled to Illinois by foot) and the other side was a terrible disappointment. The only interesting thing was the meeting with a local policeman, who came to ask what the crazy Portuguese was doing in such an hostile place, and ended driving me to the best spot for the picture I wanted to take (yes, this one of the tip) and back to the bridge. Nice guy!

Saint Louis - USA Saint Louis - USA Saint Louis - USA
    • Architecture

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Harrah's Is Our Favorite

by changeinlatitude Updated Mar 4, 2006

While you are here, if you like to gamble and have a great dinner, Harrah's is the place to go. Located in Earth City, just minutes from downtown and easy to get to, here you will have a lot of fun, eat good food and, if you like, stay in a nice hotel. The Casino is close to the UMB Bank Pavilion which is our outdoor concert venue. So if you are in town for a concert, this is a great place to stay.

The iBAR located on the Island Casino is really fun. Great gaming action and an iBar dance venue. A great place to go with friends or just as a couple. I usually do very well at the slots.

I put Harrah's web address on this tip. Just go to the "Casino Locator" option at the top and you will be able to get Harrah's St. Louis information.

HAVE FUN!!!

• IslandGirl10's Profile Photo

We went to the Casino Queen in...

by IslandGirl10 Written Feb 25, 2003

We went to the Casino Queen in Illinois which is across the Mighty Mississippi from St. Louis. Locals cautioned my husband to go to the Illinois side to gamble.....I don't know why as I didn't ask. I love to play slot machines. We weren't there too long as once I win, I am out of there!!!:) I won 100$ in 10 minutes and that was it! I just always figure that once I win, that is it for me!

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Riverboat Casinos

by klj&a Written Sep 5, 2005

This casino is near the Arch. I also visited the St Charles Casino. The casinos don't actually go down river. They're permantly docked. I like playing craps and I've never seen a crap table that had 2, 3, 11 and 12 on it.

• Nomad_2001's Profile Photo

If you like to gamble, there...

by Nomad_2001 Written Aug 25, 2002

If you like to gamble, there are plenty of riverboat casinos. I recommend avoiding the ones downtown in favor of the riverboat in St. Charles, St. Louis which is really only about 20-25 minutes by car from downtown St. Louis and even closer if you stay at Westport or the Airport.

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Presidents casino

by lashr1999 Written Nov 9, 2004

You have to pay a $2 enterance fee to get in which is good for the lifetime of the ship. One tip for you is there is a free soda machine on the second level. Another tip is the Casino Queen in Illinois which just across the river doesn't charge this fee.

Presidents casino
    • Study Abroad

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Gambling at Mississippi River

by Hosell Written Aug 14, 2003

Along the Mississippi River,you can find also a few very nice Boats-Casinos.So don't miss a gambling night at St. Louis!
    This is a picture of QUEEN CASINO.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Another Boat-Casino

by Hosell Written Aug 14, 2003

This is another picture of a Casino at Mississippi River.Also you can find some of them as very nice restaurants.

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

Try your luck at gambling on...

by Kay_C Written Feb 25, 2003

Try your luck at gambling on the Riverboats on the Mississippi River.
    It's interesting to go on the riverboats, but watch out - they have some really different rules than Vegas. I lost my $ fast!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Casinos are Still a GAmble

by BruceDunning Updated Aug 20, 2010

There are two remaining casinos on the river and one called the Lumiere Place at Laclede's Landing. The Admiral is the icon form the start, and Queen came along on the Illinois side in recent years.

View of the boat from shore View of Queens on Illinois side of river