Sainte Genevieve Restaurants

• Service With A Smile at Sara's Ice Cream Store
    Service With A Smile at Sara's Ice Cream...
    by deecat
    Owners, Chris & Jean at Olde Towne Cafe
    by deecat

Best Rated Restaurants in Sainte Genevieve

• deecat's Profile Photo

Sara's Ice Cream & Antiques: Homemade Drumsticks is Ambrosia to Us

by deecat Updated Jun 6, 2005

Service With A Smile at Sara's Ice Cream Store

I had read about the delicious ice cream at Sara's Ice Cream and Antiques, so when Jill and I went to Ste. Genevieve the first time, I insisted that we go there.

It's a REAL old fashioned ice cream store with a SODA FOUNTAIN. Jill ordered a phosphate (which she remembered from her younger days). I could not believe that this old-time drink,carbonated water flavored with syrup and containing a little phosphoric acid, was still available anywhere. The young man who took our order and made the drink was adorable. See the photograph and his delightful smile. (An added bonus!)

Favorite Dish: Both Jill and I agreed that these handmade Drumsticks were the best ever! Jill had the Butter Pecan covered with hard chocolate and nuts.

I, being a true chocolate lover, had chocolate ice cream covered in hard chocolate and nuts. The cones were also delicious and of the waffle variety, but far better than we've ever tasted.

• Women's Travel

• deecat's Profile Photo

Olde Towne Cafe: Marvelous Homemade Meals In A Lovely Setting

by deecat Updated Jun 6, 2005

Owners, Chris & Jean at Olde Towne Cafe

The second time that Jill and I visited Ste. Genevieve, we ate lunch at the Olde Towne Cafe owned and operated by Chris Armstrong & Jean Johnson.

They specialize in Soups, Sandwiches, Salads, Quiches, and Desserts. They also offer a Coffee Bar and Specialty drinks.

You can order a whole sandwich or 1/2 a sandwich; both are served with chips and pickles. I had 1/2 sandwich of Turkey and Cheese on Olive Herb Bread. It was quite delicious and Oh, so fresh. The Olive Herb Bread (homemade) was outstanding.

I also ordered a lemonade which comes with free refills.

After we finished eating, we ordered one slice of Apple Pecan pie to take home with us.
    It was excellent.

Whole pies, cakes and breads can be ordered. Of course, all are homemade.

This small cafe is decorated delightfully. The dining area looks out over a huge yard/garden. I can just imagine how wonderful it must be in the summer when you have a choice of eating outside or inside.

yThere is a fireplace in the dining area. Tables are covered in white lace and then glass tops cover the lace (a clever idea).

It's a relaxed, pretty place where eating delicious food is enhanced by the setting.

Favorite Dish: I'd have to say that the Spinach Quiche that Jill ate was really wonderful. It was served with House Salad and a Roll and only cost $5.50.

All their offerings are delicious, fresh, and well presented.

If you ever go to Ste. Genevieve, I suggest that you eat lunch at this beautiful little place, Olde Towne Cafe. You'll thank me!

• Women's Travel

• ocicat's Profile Photo

The Anvil: Riverboat history

by ocicat Updated May 11, 2003

Small restaurant with a bit of riverboat history. Very good meals. Friendly service.

Favorite Dish: A local dish, German Liver Dumplings. Sound terrible but they are really good. You can order them as a side dish (they would probably even bring out a "taste" if you ask). I get 3 sides and that's my meal.

Instant Answers: Sainte Genevieve

Comments

Sainte Genevieve Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sainte Genevieve restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sainte Genevieve sightseeing.

View all Sainte Genevieve hotels